Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On my WAY!!!
I just want to say thank you for this forum as you guys really encouraged me to finish my degree. You guys are a wealth of information. My journey to my bachelors degree began over 24 years ago at Montclair State Univ., I attended for one year and then dropped out. I quickly wanted to go back to school but my family was not going to waste any more money on me for my college education. I quickly enrolled in county college and took classes on and off for years with some big gaps in between. I finally learned about TESU (back then TESC) in 2008 and was able to transfer 51 credits from county college and Montclair. I started a few classes but never finished and would drop them because just couldn't find the time because of work and being a single mom. Fast forward to 2015 and I finally take the English Comp Clep for 6 credits after finding this forum and reading posts about fastest way to earn credits.  Again I put school on the back burner because LIFE. I continue working and moving up the corporate ladder but still wanting that degree because I still feel limited when applying to some positions.

COVID-19 hits in March and I just had started my dream job 2 weeks prior at a multi-national company and it's a leadership position with great potential and executive track. I am sent to work from home until further notice which I am still doing right now. I have a lot of extra time now because my 90 min commute each way is now zero and work is a little slow. I read an FB post that says something to the effect "if you don't come out of COVID with a new skill, you wasted that time" So I decide on May 1 I'm going back to school to finish my degree. I had 57 credits applied towards by degree of BSBA in Gen Mgmt.  I came back to this forum for tips on how to best proceed. My plan before was to take a lot o CLEP's and TECEP's. But after reading all the posts on here, I decide to do Study.com and Sophia in addition to Teceps. Boy did it pay off. I breezed through the classes earning high 80's in most of them. I was finishing a class every few days.

And I'm happy to report that since May 1 when I started my first class I have finished:

8 Sophia courses
7 Study courses
--------------------
15 x 3 = 45 cr
             57 already applied
---------------------
            102 cr earned

I have earned 45 credits in the last 2 1/2 months and now have 102 credits total. Just 6 more classes to go (18 cr). I'm on track to finish 2 Study.com classes Project Mgmt & Business Communications by next week. I also have registered for the July semester for 2 Tecep's (Advertising & Financial Inst & Markets). I have those tests scheduled for 7/19 and 7/26 to take using ProctorU. And lastly I'm registering for Info Literacy (cornerstone) and Business Capstone next week for the August semester which ends in October. I am on track to graduate in December.

If I can do it, anyone can!!! I'm married with 3 children and working full time. I am so excited to finally finish my Bachelor's and I'm ready to just keep on going. I have always wanted to finish and then get my MBA. Therefore I have decided to apply to some online MBA programs. I'm seriously looking at LSU at Shrevesport and Texas A&M Corpus Christie.

I want to say thank you again to everyone that takes their time to answer questions on here and also thank you to the others asking the questions too.

STUDY.COM

5/21/2020 Statistics 101: Principles of
Statistics
Pass 4 semester hours,
lower division
NCCRS
5/29/2020 Business 103: Introductory
Business Law
Pass 3 semester hours,
lower division
ACE
6/11/2020 Business 102: Principles of
Marketing
Pass 3 semester hours,
lower division
ACE
6/23/2020 Business 120: International
Business
Pass 3 semester hours,
lower division
ACE
6/24/2020 Finance 101: Principles of
Finance
Pass 3 semester hours,
lower division
ACE
6/30/2020 Business 121: Introduction
to Entrepreneurship
Pass 3 semester hours,
lower division
NCCRS
6/30/2020 Political Science 102:
American Government
Pass 3 semester hours,
lower division
ACE

SOPHIA.ORG

Approaches to Studying Religions
SOPHIA Learning, LLC
SOPH-0008 Course 06/03/2020
Conflict Resolution
SOPHIA Learning, LLC
SOPH-0007 Course 06/02/2020
Environmental Science
SOPHIA Learning, LLC
SOPH-0016 Course 05/27/2020
Human Biology
SOPHIA Learning, LLC
SOPH-0002 Course 05/29/2020
Introduction to Ethics
SOPHIA Learning, LLC
SOPH-0020 Course 06/01/2020
Introduction to Sociology
SOPHIA Learning, LLC
SOPH-0004 Course 06/03/2020
US History I
SOPHIA Learning, LLC
SOPH-0022 Course 06/04/2020
Visual Communications
SOPHIA Learning, LLC
SOPH-0009 Course 05/28/2020
[-] The following 8 users Like FMitchell5036's post:
  • Cammilynn, davewill, gams007, Merlin, Muldoon, ss20ts, StoicJ, wxcooper
Awesome! You're marching steadily closer to your goals! You're so close I bet you can taste the finish line.
(07-11-2020, 01:08 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Awesome! You're marching steadily closer to your goals! You're so close I bet you can taste the finish line.

thanks!
Wow. When you get moving, you really go full speed ahead, don't you? Keep it up.
Hi FMitchell5036,
I just came across your post and I noticed you are looking at two MBA programs that I am looking at as well. So I wanted to ask if you have decided yet which you are going to attend? If so, how did you come about your decision?
They are both very close in total cost at around $12,400
Very inspiring story. I congratulate and celebrate your success. You are almost at the finish line!
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

Heart 
Heart

This is a great testimony!
Happy to report that I AM DONE!!

Completed SOS-110 with a 99
and
BUS-421 with a 99 also

woot woot!!

Thanks guys!!
[-] The following 7 users Like FMitchell5036's post:
  • crotique, Imadillo, Muldoon, rachel83az, ss20ts, TwinMom, wxcooper
(10-27-2020, 04:27 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: Happy to report that I AM DONE!!

Completed SOS-110 with a 99
and
BUS-421 with a 99 also

woot woot!!

Thanks guys!!

Congrats!!! That is awesome!!
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs