Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long to get ACE credits added to TESU transcript?
How long does it typically take to get your ACE/CLEP credits added to your transcript/eval? I have a large number of credits sitting in the "transcript received" box. Some for several weeks now. Is there any way to speed up this process? They processed my prior university credits in a couple of days but the rest are not updating. 

Also, some of the credits say they expire in ACE next month. Not sure if they don't get to it by then if they would be lost. I would hate to lose 9 required math credits because they are taking so long to process. No way I'm doing that over again. 

I haven't had any appointments with an academic advisor yet as it seems it would be a waste of time if they can't even see what credits I actually have. Or can they access the received transcripts? It appears they did an evaluation, but they did it before they processed about half of my credits I'd sent in so that's not helpful. 

Thanks
Are you enrolled? Did you just get them sent or request they be evaluated? I would call.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(07-21-2020, 02:23 PM)cerich67 Wrote: Are you enrolled? Did you just get them sent or request they be evaluated? I would call.

Yes, enrolled. Taking SOS-110 since I know I need that class for sure.
You can contact the registrar's office and ask if they know when your eval will be done. One of my evals needed about 20 days or so. I guess it was busy. Others have been done in 2 weeks or less.
My understanding is that giving the credit will still count as long as you took the ACE course before it expired instead of when tesu applies it to evaluation. If it doesn't show up you can always ask for clarification. One of mine didn't show and I asked and they just had overlooked it and added it.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • rpmranger
(07-21-2020, 02:28 PM)rpmranger Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 02:23 PM)cerich67 Wrote: Are you enrolled? Did you just get them sent or request they be evaluated? I would call.

Yes, enrolled. Taking SOS-110 since I know I need that class for sure.

I had the same experience.  My RA credits posted on the eval within days of arriving; my ACE credits took weeks. Don't worry about them expiring; your test dates are before the expiration dates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • rpmranger
(07-21-2020, 02:15 PM)rpmranger Wrote: How long does it typically take to get your ACE/CLEP credits added to your transcript/eval? I have a large number of credits sitting in the "transcript received" box. Some for several weeks now. Is there any way to speed up this process? They processed my prior university credits in a couple of days but the rest are not updating. 

Also, some of the credits say they expire in ACE next month. Not sure if they don't get to it by then if they would be lost. I would hate to lose 9 required math credits because they are taking so long to process. No way I'm doing that over again. 

I haven't had any appointments with an academic advisor yet as it seems it would be a waste of time if they can't even see what credits I actually have. Or can they access the received transcripts? It appears they did an evaluation, but they did it before they processed about half of my credits I'd sent in so that's not helpful. 

Thanks

I'm also waiting for some ACE credits to be applied. It's taking longer than it has in the past so I think they might be busier than usual.
Don't worry about the expiration. That doesn't impact you as long as you completed the course by the expiration date.
After asking them, everything has been applied to my transcript now except for a CLEP score sitting in the inbox. Thanks for the help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rpmranger's post:
  • Muldoon
(07-23-2020, 02:05 PM)rpmranger Wrote: After asking them, everything has been applied to my transcript now except for a CLEP score sitting in the inbox. Thanks for the help.
Glad to hear that. Yeah I usually email them if it takes too long. Everything is slowing down so much.was afraid of my math expiring too so I sent the transcripts and next you know the same evening ACE approves the rest of them. I could have sent them all at once with $15, instead wound up spending double.
I'm having the same experience right now. I have a long list of credits from multiple sources - Straighterline, Uexcel, Coopersmith, etc that I know they received as early beginning of June but they still have not evaluated. These were already planned in advance with an advisor too. However, a TECEP for operations management that I recently did just showed up in my eval today even though its the most recent credit.

I'm not sure if it's because of Covid or Summer or a combination but its definitely taking much longer to get them evaluated right now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP