Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obtaining TWO BSBA's? Marketing and Finance from TESU
If I were to get a BSBA in Marketing at TESU (I'm nearly finished and I work at a marketing agency) but would also like to get a second BSBA in Finance. What would that look like? Could I first graduate with a BSBA and then come back and just finish up the requirements for the Finance Degree?   Will I need to retake any classes? I remember seeing discussion in the past stating that You would need to take 24-30 credits for the second degree. Could I use alternative credit sources, like ACE, Study.com etc? Or do they have to be with the school again! 

Sorry for the noob question I was a lurker for many years but lost access to my original account. Thanks for the help!
If you graduate twice then you pay two graduation fees and two residency waivers (assuming that you need to pay the waiver in the first place). It would be better for you to simply add Finance as a second AOS to the same degree and graduate with both/one at the same time. (TESU only counts doing that as one degree so if, say, down the line you decide that you need Marketing or CIS then you can still come back and get that degree(s) from them.) All your GE requirements can overlap, it's just the AOS that TESU is concerned about. You can only have 6 credits overlap with your other AOS. I don't see much/any overlap between Finance and Marketing, so I think this means you just need to take 6 Finance courses and you get both degrees in one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • tallpilot
18 additional hours if you graduate at the same time with two AoS or 24 additional hours AFTER you graduate (including the capstone AGAIN, so consider while you're working on it how much you would love to do it again) to get a second BSBA. I would do both at the same time if that were my desire. It will delay your graduation somewhat but save you money and effort.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • rachel83az
Capstone takes 3 months to do so it's very easy to do another BSBA concentration during the time it takes to do the Capstone.

Here is classes you need for finance concentration:
Finance 301: Corporate Finance (study.com)
Finance 302: International Finance (study.com)
Finance 303: Financial Institutions & Markets (study.com)
Finance 304: Security Analysis & Portfolio Management (study.com)
Finance 306: Small Business Finance (study.com)
Princple of Finance UL (Davar or Sayor)
Princple of Finance LL (for professial requirements)

Note: study.com's risk management comes in only 2 credits, otherwise that would be reccomended.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • lillingworth
(08-01-2020, 10:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you graduate twice then you pay two graduation fees and two residency waivers (assuming that you need to pay the waiver in the first place). It would be better for you to simply add Finance as a second AOS to the same degree and graduate with both/one at the same time. (TESU only counts doing that as one degree so if, say, down the line you decide that you need Marketing or CIS then you can still come back and get that degree(s) from them.) All your GE requirements can overlap, it's just the AOS that TESU is concerned about. You can only have 6 credits overlap with your other AOS. I don't see much/any overlap between Finance and Marketing, so I think this means you just need to take 6 Finance courses and you get both degrees in one.

That is an excellent point and clears some things up for me! Thank you so much!

(08-02-2020, 07:21 PM)tallpilot Wrote: 18 additional hours if you graduate at the same time with two AoS or 24 additional hours AFTER you graduate (including the capstone AGAIN, so consider while you're working on it how much you would love to do it again) to get a second BSBA.  I would do both at the same time if that were my desire.  It will delay your graduation somewhat but save you money and effort.

That definitely puts it more in perspective thank you for the clear response!
I am pretty sure you are not allowed to complete two BSBA degrees, even if they have different areas of study. You can do two AoS as part of a single degree, but if you graduate I don't think you can come back for a second one.

I'm not 100% sure about that, but I do recall that being the case.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(08-02-2020, 09:16 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Capstone takes 3 months to do so it's very easy to do another BSBA concentration during the time it takes to do the Capstone.

Here is classes you need for finance concentration:
Finance 301: Corporate Finance  (study.com)
Finance 302: International Finance  (study.com)
Finance 303: Financial Institutions & Markets  (study.com)
Finance 304: Security Analysis & Portfolio Management  (study.com)
Finance 306: Small Business Finance  (study.com)
Princple of Finance UL  (Davar or Sayor)
Princple of Finance LL  (for professial requirements)

Note: study.com's risk management comes in only 2 credits, otherwise that would be reccomended.

Awesome Breakdown of these courses Thanks so much!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 579 1 hour ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 375 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 630 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 170 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Need Help for my son looking to get BA in Marketing Cocolisa1 6 324 02-28-2024, 12:51 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,254 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,067 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BACS planing help smtGate 8 555 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: rachel83az