Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
University of the People, BSBA for StoicJ
Oh StoicJ, this made me look at the signature. If you have 116 RA credits, you may want to check out Athabasca U and their BGS 90 credit/3 year degree. It allows all courses to be transferred from 2 year community colleges, you don't need to have courses come from 4 year colleges or universities. The cost should roughly be $200 USD for application/evaluation, you can inquire about it first from them before hand...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-14-2021, 10:17 PM)Seagull Wrote: In order to receive this eval, did u have to transfer the courses for $17 each or is this a preliminary eval they give you just by looking at a copy of transcript?

Short answer: 
In my case the evals have basically been "This is what will transfer in: ".  The big issue there was I didn't know HOW they would come in. In some cases that might be okay, but of course one would rather know the equivalents before paying the fees.

Longer answer:
I sent my transcripts in via the portal. I got word back very quickly as to what would be accepted as transfer credit, but not HOW it would come in. I went ahead and paid for 10 courses to be transferred in, but they were the "safe" ones. Figured College Algebra would come in as College Algebra, English Comp 1 as English Comp 1, etc.

After a while I had access to a transcript and I could see where courses were placed, and they went where I thought they would. I gambled that Art Appreciation would sub for Art History, and that my Western Civ 1 would satisfy a core requirement.... and they did. 

Completed a couple of UPeople courses, then sent in my JuCo transcript for re-eval. I picked 7 more courses to be transferred in. As I was thinking of switching majors to Comp Sci, I paid to have 4 of my CompSci/IT courses transferred. They came in as electives. At that point I began email convo with my Academic Advisor. This whole process is sort of thrown off by UPeople's quirky system. You start off as one type of student (think it's "Foundational" or some such) and then later become a "Degree Seeking" student. Also, if you want to switch majors, there are 2-4 courses you need to have under your belt depending on the major. In my case, to officially switch to CompSci I need college algebra, something else, programming 1, and programming 2. I have the 1st three, and will be taking Prog 2 next term.

In my emails with my advisor she included a spreadsheet that coded my transfer requests. I'd like to include those findings here, but they're in my MSN.com account and that's been offline for the past day or so.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(03-15-2021, 12:39 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh StoicJ, this made me look at the signature.  If you have 116 RA credits, you may want to check out Athabasca U and their BGS 90 credit/3 year degree.  It allows all courses to be transferred from 2 year community colleges, you don't need to have courses come from 4 year colleges or universities.  The cost should roughly be $200 USD for application/evaluation, you can inquire about it first from them before hand...

Requires several upper-level credits that I don't have. If I had them, I'd probably jump right in!
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 61 10,020 04-08-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,353 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 301 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 368 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,893 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,593 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 731 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 409 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 826 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,258 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77