Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U. of Strathclyde, Glasgow
MSc/PgDip/PgCert in Genealogical, Palaeographic & Heraldic Studies

I found this study program, and I am really liking the idea of pursuing it after I graduate but wonder if anyone has studied there, how price compare and which one of these programs are better compared with each other.

I believe it is all online too so that is nice.
(08-31-2020, 08:58 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: MSc/PgDip/PgCert in Genealogical, Palaeographic & Heraldic Studies

I found this study program, and I am really liking the idea of pursuing it after I graduate but wonder if anyone has studied there, how price compare and which one of these programs are better compared with each other.

That actually sounds like a pretty interesting program. Not something that is going to make you more employable, but it sounds like something that would be fun to do for personal enrichment! Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
At that price, I would use it for a specialization, being a history major and having interest in genealogy, one can work on projects like the one they had about DNA and Richard III at the U. of Leicester. I took a course back ways on Future Learn and was very interesting.
Oh did this post catch my eye. I am a bit of a heraldry nerd, serve on the board of directors of the College of Arms foundation.

I can see that as being a fun thing to do to start off retirement in a decade or so.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • dewisant
Is it the US branch of the UK College of Arms?
I have been doing genealogy for years, and would like to learn more about heraldry, but yes that is quite an interesting masters degree.
Just realized this thread doesn't have a link. https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/postgra...icstudies/ Now it does!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-31-2020, 08:58 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: MSc/PgDip/PgCert in Genealogical, Palaeographic & Heraldic Studies

Just "attended" a local library's training on genealogy in Great Britain. The presenter got her master's degree on line from a British university, but I don't recall which one. Fascinating talk.