Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest online masters degree under 12 months
(09-11-2020, 02:07 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: I wanted to use ENEB for Canada too.  But it looks like they will not consider it at all.

Whoa, I missed that post. Who did one of ENEB's programs and had WES Canada evaluate it? Can someone do me a solid and point me to that? Thanks!
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • DeanLewis
I dont remember post number. It wasnt evaluation by the WES Canada. It was one of other Canadian evaluation agencies approved for immigration evaluation purposes.
They replied to email of one of the members and explained that they will not take ENEB for evaluation since its not state granted degree. I hope i will have time to find this post and update the number.
For myself i bought Postgraduate degree in Fin Management and Accounting from ENEB. I need to complete only 3 courses to get it since i have previous credits. As soon as i will do that i will send it for evaluation to WES Canada or other approved agency to see what it will come up with
If they still refuse it i can use it as RA credits for Bachelor degree.
Some of Canadian immigration work VISA requirements used to say 'The degree must not be earned through distance learning'... but that was many years ago. You'd better check this on Canadian government website.
I did it doesnt mention anything like this at all. I will try to evaluate this Postgraduate degreeif they will accept it and take it from there. If it will come up as anything at all. It will be addition to other degrees. It will not hurt if they will consider it as any equivalent coz the number of degrees also add points
<sigh> I guess my warning was a bit late for Cofffeee, I mentioned in one of my posts not to purchase the Postgraduate degree option as that only provides a max of 12 ECTS vs a Masters that provides 60 ECTS. I believe the cost for the Postgradute is only $149 or $169 USD and the Masters is $249.

Groupon does have specials going on for the ENEB/Universidad Isabel I - most of the time you can get it for $260 for the MBA & Masters and $217 for just the Masters. The Postgraduate can be had for $149 - again, if you only get 12 ECTS, it'll come in as a grad certificate if it comes in at all...

Oh wait, I posted on the sister board: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-541623
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-12-2020, 07:22 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 02:07 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: I wanted to use ENEB for Canada too.  But it looks like they will not consider it at all.

Whoa, I missed that post. Who did one of ENEB's programs and had WES Canada evaluate it? Can someone do me a solid and point me to that? Thanks!

I'm not sure why they took that stance. UI1 is accredited by ANECA and is listed in RUCT, making them eligible to issue degrees under Spanish law (Organic Law of Universities). UI1 is futher accredited by ACSUCYL, which is one of the main Spanish accredditing bodies connected to Europe. ACSUCYL, as it happens, is a member of EQAR and thus recognized by ENQA. This means the institution is accredited in the EHEA and, as such, should be able to issue degrees with ECTS attached.

This idea of the education not being a formal part of the Spanish system is garbage, because while it is not an Official/Government Issued degree (which means the government actually creates the curriculum and homogenizes it), there are still standards for a Master's degree that is a Titulo Propio, like a minimum number of ECTS and the fact that only recognized universities can grant those titles if they are to be legally recognized (also under the Organic Law of Universities).

This took me 6 hours to piece together and figure out the details, so I have some serious issues believing that a major international review body said, "Nope, this isn't normal, so we won't look at it" when they are supposed to be the "experts." I don't mean that whoever said so is lying, I just don't believe that is the agency's official policy considering that UI1 degrees, along with many similar 'propio' degrees, have been accepted all over Europe, including Germany, which has some...very extensive educational requirements for acceptance, and a friend of mine who did the program earlier this year said he had it accepted into a UK university as prereqs and transfer credits for another business PGDip program in Finance.

ECTS are ECTS, and the school can issue them as far as I can tell. Maybe this isn't a Master's degree, but the credits should be considered graduate level at a bare minimum, with the qualification being recognized as something like a PGCert or PGDiploma, if not an actual Master's.

This doesn't solve the Canada issue, but just food for thought. The more I dig into these degrees, the more I am convinced that jumping in was a good choice.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • DeanLewis
(09-12-2020, 08:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: <sigh> I guess my warning was a bit late for Cofffeee, I mentioned in one of my posts not to purchase the Postgraduate degree option asy that only provides a max of 12 ECTS vs a Masters that provides 60 ECTS.  I believe the cost for the Postgradute is only $149 or $169 USD and the Masters is $249.

Groupon does have specials going on for the ENEB/Universidad Isabel I - most of the time you can get it for $260 for the MBA & Masters and $217 for just the Masters.  The Postgraduate can be had for $149 - again, if you only get 12 ECTS, it'll come in as a grad certificate if it comes in at all...

Oh wait, I posted on the sister board: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-541623
Thank u for update. I did it for different reason. I needed it to be evaluated for Canada to understand if its worth to pursue Master degree in future and for few other reasons which were more important than some monetary savings. It was calculated decision which was made with very clear mind.

(09-12-2020, 08:54 PM)Thorne Wrote:

I'm not sure why they took that stance. UI1 is accredited by ANECA and is listed in RUCT, making them eligible to issue degrees under Spanish law (Organic Law of Universities). UI1 is futher accredited by ACSUCYL, which is one of the main Spanish accredditing bodies connected to Europe. ACSUCYL, as it happens, is a member of EQAR and thus recognized by ENQA. This means the institution is accredited in the EHEA and, as such, should be able to issue degrees with ECTS attached.

This idea of the education not being a formal part of the Spanish system is garbage, because while it is not an Official/Government Issued degree (which means the government actually creates the curriculum and homogenizes it), there are still standards for a Master's degree that is a Titulo Propio, like a minimum number of ECTS and the fact that only recognized universities can grant those titles if they are to be legally recognized (also under the Organic Law of Universities).

This took me 6 hours to piece together and figure out the details, so I have some serious issues believing that a major international review body said, "Nope, this isn't normal, so we won't look at it" when they are supposed to be the "experts." I don't mean that whoever said so is lying, I just don't believe that is the agency's official policy considering that UI1 degrees, along with many similar 'propio' degrees, have been accepted all over Europe, including Germany, which has some...very extensive educational requirements for acceptance, and a friend of mine who did the program earlier this year said he had it accepted into a UK university as prereqs and transfer credits for another business PGDip program in Finance.

ECTS are ECTS, and the school can issue them as far as I can tell. Maybe this isn't a Master's degree, but the credits should be considered graduate level at a bare minimum, with the qualification being recognized as something like a PGCert or PGDiploma, if not an actual Master's.

This doesn't solve the Canada issue, but just food for thought. The more I dig into these degrees, the more I am convinced that jumping in was a good choice.
For Canada evaluation, i dont give up on it yet. It could be still totally fine to get ENEB and get it evaluated for some equivalent of Canadian education. We will have clear answers once we get official evaluation. Untill then there is still possibility it will be good outcome for ENEB credentials
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • Thorne
(09-12-2020, 08:05 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Some of Canadian immigration work VISA requirements used to say 'The degree must not be earned through distance learning'... but that was many years ago. You'd better check this on Canadian government website.
I believe you are talking about a post graduation work permit. The requirement for that is the completion of a program at a canadian institute on campus. For immigration, as long as a degree is equivalent to its canadian namesake you are good.
(09-12-2020, 09:37 PM)Cofffeee Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 08:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: <sigh> I guess my warning was a bit late for Cofffeee, I mentioned in one of my posts not to purchase the Postgraduate degree option asy that only provides a max of 12 ECTS vs a Masters that provides 60 ECTS.  I believe the cost for the Postgradute is only $149 or $169 USD and the Masters is $249.

Groupon does have specials going on for the ENEB/Universidad Isabel I - most of the time you can get it for $260 for the MBA & Masters and $217 for just the Masters.  The Postgraduate can be had for $149 - again, if you only get 12 ECTS, it'll come in as a grad certificate if it comes in at all...

Thank u for update. I did it for different reason. I needed it to be evaluated for Canada to understand if its worth to pursue Master degree in future and for few other reasons which were more important than some monetary savings. It was calculated decision which was made with very clear mind.

(09-12-2020, 08:54 PM)Thorne Wrote:

For Canada evaluation, i dont give up on it yet. It could be still totally fine to get ENEB and get it evaluated for some equivalent of Canadian education. We will have clear answers once we get official evaluation. Untill then there is still possibility it will be good outcome for ENEB credentials

Hey there, i found your post while doing some research on canadian immigration. i would like to know if you got your degree accredited by WES and what was the result. 
I need to raise my points for express entry to and am thinking of doing a spanish online Master with 60 ECTS but am not sure if this accepted by WES or not.
(09-12-2020, 08:05 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Some of Canadian immigration work VISA requirements used to say 'The degree must not be earned through distance learning'... but that was many years ago. You'd better check this on Canadian government website.

I believe you are mixing two things here: holding a Canadian degree (whether it's master or bachelor) must be on-campus. If it is online or distance learning, then it won't count as a Canadian degree. This category is basically for foreign students who want to get their permanent residency after finishing their degree there, on-campus.

For international degrees though, all they want to see is an equivalent degree (decided by WES).

Also, iirc, I believe that some people reported that they got their NA degree accepted by WES. I think this might has to do with the Feb. 2020 decision, when the US Department of Education abolished the difference between National and Regional accreditation. I'm not 100% sure though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 257 8 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 285 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 491 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,614 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 261 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,094 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,246 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,973 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 492 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone