Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capella University FlexPath?
Hello guys,

I'm interested in Capella University's FlexPath bachelor degree program.
I'm planning to get 30 to 50 upper-level credits from Capella U to transfer them to another institution.
Do you guys have any experience with Capella University's FlexPath? do you find their courses to be easy?
I will buy only one subscription period to get all the credits I need. I'm not sure if that's a good plan.

Thanks,
Which program are you thinking of enrolling in? And which program are you going to transfer those credits into?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • nomaduser
I'll take Business and Psychology courses. Do you have any experience with them? I'll try to transfer them to FIU or other B&M university so that I can get full 90 liberal arts credits with upper level. Capella U is accredited so I'm sure I won't have problem with credit transfer to another institution.
Potentially, I can try to transfer 105 Capella U credits to CUNY as well.
Capella is on the quarter system, I think CUNY is as well. Have you taken any Sophia.org courses when they were free or when they had the 149/year offering? You can take courses free for the winter term at Strayer, they're a sister university of Capella. When you're taking a course or two, you should be able to do the $20 challenge exams at Strayer. They're mainly Liberal Arts and Business Administration courses, but still, many of them are upper level. Link: https://www.strayer.edu/tuition-and-fina...edit/exams
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • nomaduser
(10-30-2020, 01:43 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Capella is on the quarter system, I think CUNY is as well.  Have you taken any Sophia.org courses when they were free or when they had the 149/year offering?  You can take courses free for the winter term at Strayer, they're a sister university of Capella.  When you're taking a course or two, you should be able to do the $20 challenge exams at Strayer.  They're mainly Liberal Arts and Business Administration courses, but still, many of them are upper level.  Link: https://www.strayer.edu/tuition-and-fina...edit/exams

Thanks for the info. I already have sophia account. I'm interested in Strayer... do they give letter grades for the $20 exams?? without letter grades on transcript, it's extremely difficult to transfer credits. Most of universities don't accept credits without letter grades.
I found that all sophia courses won't have letter grades so they will be useless outside of capella U.
CUNY is on the semester credits not quarter credits. I have numeric grades from Sophia. When I had my transcripts sent to UMPI, Sophia suggested I use Parchment which is one of the electronic transcript services and Sophia is one of their clients. Many colleges use Parchment to issue transcripts as well. When UMPI accepted my Sophia credits, they included my numeric grade.

The Flex program is not really designed for you to just take whatever you want. Have you been in a CBE program before? You typically have to apply and be accepted into a program. You follow their degree plan and your advisor gives you your courses in the order of the degree plan. CBE programs aren't really designed to take whatever classes you want and then transfer them elsewhere. Have you discussed your plans with Capella?
(10-30-2020, 01:38 PM)ss20ts Wrote: CUNY is on the semester credits not quarter credits. I have numeric grades from Sophia. When I had my transcripts sent to UMPI, Sophia suggested I use Parchment which is one of the electronic transcript services and Sophia is one of their clients. Many colleges use Parchment to issue transcripts as well. When UMPI accepted my Sophia credits, they included my numeric grade.

The Flex program is not really designed for you to just take whatever you want. Have you been in a CBE program before? You typically have to apply and be accepted into a program. You follow their degree plan and your advisor gives you your courses in the order of the degree plan. CBE programs aren't really designed to take whatever classes you want and then transfer them elsewhere. Have you discussed your plans with Capella?

Capella U won't include sophia course grades on transcript.

I just need lots of Business and Psychology credits. I plan to take everything in Business degree plan and change major to Psychology so I'll be able to take Psychology courses as well. Yes, I've discussed with them. This will be possible. I will be able to collect 60+ Business and Psychology credits that come with letter grades on transcript.
So this can potentially solve 105 transfer credit problem at CUNY.

1. Get 45 credits from sophia.org. This will enable you to apply to Capella FlexPath.
2. Pay $2500 to Capella, collect transferable RA credits in Business, Psychology, General Education. Make sure to discuss transferable courses with CUNY advisor before taking any course.
3. Transfer credits to CUNY School of Professional Studies. Choose Business Administration major.
4. Pay $4500 to CUNY. Take the remaining 5 courses at CUNY online.
5. Get a CUNY degree.

Total price: $7k
u should really contact CUNY first to know if all the credits you are getting from Capella would fit into their program. Just cause it's RA doesn't mean it would translate into the same mod at CUNY.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 224 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,613 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,554 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,936 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 601 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,243 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,611 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 351 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,491 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff