Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU wants Course Numbers for ECEs taken in 2004
My TESU transcript review is complete. It included my BSc from Excelsior, and the review included the following note:

We received an Excelsior College transcript. The transcript lists Excelsior College Examinations. However, the examinations do not include course numbers. Course numbers are required to grant credit.
Please have a corrected transcript listing course numbers for the examinations sent from Excelsior College.
Examination credit will be added to your record when the corrected transcript is received.

Has anyone come across this before?  I'm not sure how I would get the transcript revised as it's the official one direct from Excelsior. I wouldn't care, except that all the ECEs I did were for UL credit, and I think they'd knock out a few more of the courses I would need for the BSBA (I'm showing needing 57 credits right now, but my understanding is I only need 24 NEW credits, plus to meet all the specific BSBA degree requirements.)
How would an exam have a course number when it's not a course?
Have you already tried contacting Excelsior about this?

What courses are you missing vs. what courses is TESU not accepting right now?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Create a copy/paste or screenshot of your transcript without your personal info. You should also do the same for the evaluation at TESU. TESU needs the numbers as it will translate to either LL or UL, just having a course name wouldn't do for most schools you transfer to. So, if something needs to be done, it's Excelsior that has to update their transcript info to include what the corresponding exams mean within their transcript. If you look at their Uexcels, it has a course number associated with them... THAT is what has to happen... talk to Excelsior pronto!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Did you send an Excelsior transcript or an exam transcript? I believe they look slightly different and that maybe the problem. If you login and search for Excelsior Exam transcript follow the directions to send that. It should contain only your exams.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(11-25-2020, 06:12 PM)ss20ts Wrote: How would an exam have a course number when it's not a course?

Excelsior Exams all have course numbers (for example, Cultural Diversity is SOCx305, and is worth 3cr UL).

TECEP exams also all have course numbers (for example The Science of Nutrition is BIO-208 and is worth 3cr LL).

CSU-Global SSA exams all have course numbers.

Strayer Challenge exams all have course numbers.

(11-25-2020, 05:52 PM)rennick00 Wrote: My TESU transcript review is complete. It included my BSc from Excelsior, and the review included the following note:

We received an Excelsior College transcript. The transcript lists Excelsior College Examinations. However, the examinations do not include course numbers. Course numbers are required to grant credit.
Please have a corrected transcript listing course numbers for the examinations sent from Excelsior College.
Examination credit will be added to your record when the corrected transcript is received.

Has anyone come across this before?  I'm not sure how I would get the transcript revised as it's the official one direct from Excelsior. I wouldn't care, except that all the ECEs I did were for UL credit, and I think they'd knock out a few more of the courses I would need for the BSBA (I'm showing needing 57 credits right now, but my understanding is I only need 24 NEW credits, plus to meet all the specific BSBA degree requirements.)

What degree are you getting at TESU that you need courses from your Excelsior bachelor's degree?  For a 2nd degree at TESU, you need new credits anyway, all in the AOS, so I'm not really certain it even matters what the course numbers are.  Do they know you're going for a 2nd degree?  Because you would get a waiver for the GE and Free Electives.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Quote:Did you send an Excelsior transcript or an exam transcript?

I sent the official transcript. My Excelsior transcript includes about 5 ECE exams on it, as well as CLEP, DSST, and other ACE-evaluated credits.

Quote:What degree are you getting at TESU that you need courses from your Excelsior bachelor's degree? For a 2nd degree at TESU, you need new credits anyway, all in the AOS, so I'm not really certain it even matters what the course numbers are. Because you would get a waiver for the GE and Free Electives.

I'm aiming for a BSBA. I know I need new credits in the AOS, but my understanding was that I just need minimum 24 new credits, and that they have to be in the AOS. Is it actually that all of the AOS has to be new credits?

They waived all of the Gen Ed, but I still "need" 57 credits, and many of those (like College Algebra) I already took as part of my Excelsior degree. I've attached my evaluation. I can't attach my Excelsior transcript until I get home and can scan it.
Quote:I'm aiming for a BSBA. I know I need new credits in the AOS, but my understanding was that I just need minimum 24 new credits, and that they have to be in the AOS. Is it actually that all of the AOS has to be new credits?

They waived all of the Gen Ed, but I still "need" 57 credits, and many of those (like College Algebra) I already took as part of my Excelsior degree. I've attached my evaluation. I can't attach my Excelsior transcript until I get home and can scan it.

Weird, I don't see the attachment of your academic evaluation.  57 credits seems excessive if you have transferred in a degree already.  They actually need 24 new credits in the AOS/degree program requirements but, you also need to have all the "other requirements" as well.  So for example, if you have 0 in business, the professional business requirements have not been met, there already are 39 credits in that section alone, and the 18 in the AOS.  We won't know until we view the evaluation, I am guessing a bunch of the courses went into the "other" field.  The Excelsior transcripts are just to "confirm" the courses were taken and to see what level they come in as...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-26-2020, 12:18 PM)rennick00 Wrote:
Quote:Did you send an Excelsior transcript or an exam transcript?

I sent the official transcript. My Excelsior transcript includes about 5 ECE exams on it, as well as CLEP, DSST, and other ACE-evaluated credits.

Quote:What degree are you getting at TESU that you need courses from your Excelsior bachelor's degree? For a 2nd degree at TESU, you need new credits anyway, all in the AOS, so I'm not really certain it even matters what the course numbers are. Because you would get a waiver for the GE and Free Electives.

I'm aiming for a BSBA. I know I need new credits in the AOS, but my understanding was that I just need minimum 24 new credits, and that they have to be in the AOS. Is it actually that all of the AOS has to be new credits?

Yes, unfortunately the BSBA is 60cr (36cr in the core, 18cr in the AOS, and 2 pre-reqs that are part of the GE (College Algebra and Stats).  Only 24cr of this has to be new though, so if you have prior credits that will work in any of these areas, it's worth figuring out.

I would probably contact EC and ask them for a digital copy of an old catalog with the ECE info in there, so TESU will be able to see that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-26-2020, 05:57 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would probably contact EC and ask them for a digital copy of an old catalog with the ECE info in there, so TESU will be able to see that.

Ah that's a good idea. I might try that, as I think it would be easier than trying to get them to modify the transcript itself.

I've attached my Excelsior transcript, and retried the TESU evaluation. (I missed a step last time. Hopefully it comes through this time.)

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU Eval 26Nov20.pdf (Size: 227.62 KB / Downloads: 16)
.pdf   Excelsior Transcript Redacted.pdf (Size: 332.67 KB / Downloads: 15)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch