Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Open University - Liberal Arts degree (only £6,192 GBP! fully online)
Open University is a great school with a very good ranking/reputation. Having said that, if you're in the US, I would stick with a local college/university or chose a public/state one nearby if you can obtain a degree for similar pricing to the Big 3 or competency based programs. I highly recommend the Open University for students that are in Europe though, or those who will be transitioning to Europe due to migration or work purposes.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Leedeedee, nomaduser, Pikachu, ss20ts
(01-07-2021, 01:35 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:24 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Yes i understand now. But im looking for a bals and dont see this in their program. When youre looking at a business administration degree it is a good solution.

Their Open degree is BALS.... 'Open Degree' means you can take whatever you want in any subject just like liberal studies degree.

www.openuniversity.edu/courses/qualifications/qd#course-details

This program will accept up to 120 random ECTS credits

So if you already have 120 ECTS, you can transfer all of your credits to The Open University (UK) and take the remaining 60 ECTS for 6,000 GBP.
Thank you
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
Everyone, just remember that ECTS are not the same as CATS, which is what most UK universities use. 60 ECTS = 120 CATS.
[-] The following 2 users Like monchevy's post:
  • nomaduser, Pikachu
(01-10-2021, 04:26 PM)monchevy Wrote: Everyone, just remember that ECTS are not the same as CATS, which is what most UK universities use. 60 ECTS = 120 CATS.

You can get up to free 310 ECTS credits (165 Open studies ECTS + 60 Diploma in Tourism ECTS + 60 Diploma in Rehabilitation ECTS + 25 Intro to Video game ECTS)
I'm sure that you'll figure out how to get this Open degree within a year. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-11-2021, 03:38 AM)nomaduser Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 04:26 PM)monchevy Wrote: Everyone, just remember that ECTS are not the same as CATS, which is what most UK universities use. 60 ECTS = 120 CATS.

You can get up to free 310 ECTS credits (165 Open studies ECTS + 60 Diploma in Tourism ECTS + 60 Diploma in Rehabilitation ECTS + 25 Intro to Video game ECTS)
I'm sure that you'll figure out how to get this Open degree within a year. Wink

I'm not trying to get a degree there. Just adding information that people might need if they are. The posts here have been talking about needing 120 or 60 ETCS, etc. at OU. They use a different credit unit that isn't equivalent to ECTS, and I think that's a necessary distinction to point out! Smile
I got another email from OU guys:

"I have check our Naric database and can confirm that we can accept ECTS credits from South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (XAMK) as it is a recognized institution."

I think this XAMK credits can be used for other UK top-up degree programs too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-13-2021, 02:27 AM)nomaduser Wrote: I got another email from OU guys:

"I have check our Naric database and can confirm that we can accept ECTS credits from South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (XAMK) as it is a recognized institution."

Out of curiosity, have you taken any of these XAMK programs? I've read the other threads and can't get a feel for what they're like. Paper-heavy, test-heavy, proctored exams to sit, etc.? It seems like a lot of work.
(01-13-2021, 10:12 AM)monchevy Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 02:27 AM)nomaduser Wrote: I got another email from OU guys:

Out of curiosity, have you taken any of these XAMK programs? I've read the other threads and can't get a feel for what they're like. Paper-heavy, test-heavy, proctored exams to sit, etc.? It seems like a lot of work.

I'm taking several of the XAMK courses now. They're quiz-based at the moment. They're not very difficult at all. Wink 

But some XAMK courses will require you to learn new softwares... Introduction to Video Game Creation course has many assignments that require you to create 3D game characters with Unity software... That seemed like a lot of work.

I'll try to transfer the XAMK credits to many different schools. Let's wait and see what happens.
[-] The following 3 users Like nomaduser's post:
  • Leedeedee, monchevy, Pikachu
(01-13-2021, 10:12 AM)monchevy Wrote: Out of curiosity, have you taken any of these XAMK programs? I've read the other threads and can't get a feel for what they're like. Paper-heavy, test-heavy, proctored exams to sit, etc.? It seems like a lot of work.

It really depends on the course. Some are going to require papers, others are (mostly) just quizzes. And, as stated, the video game certificate requires working with software like Blender or Unity to do the assignments.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • monchevy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 252 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 55 9,348 03-17-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 277 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,059 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,093 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,701 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,505 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 654 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 355 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 765 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77