Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Transfer Policy - Explained
(02-18-2021, 07:03 PM)jch Wrote: Still waiting on Strayer to reply. They have not responded to any of my challenge exam related inquiries. I know the contacts and inboxes I'm reaching out to are active, because they do respond or take action on other things. However, anything related to challenge exams seems to end up in a black hole with them. It's very strange.

I may try to attempt some of the CSU global assessments later this year. They have many things that are relevant to me.

It's too bad they've been so unresponsive. I can see why you stopped taking their exams. 
(02-18-2021, 06:08 PM)jch Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 05:58 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:21 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 03:58 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 03:51 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Because CSU Global is an RA institution, just the same as TESU and Excelsior.

So these types of exams are always considered RA credit?

It might be different for COSC but TESU is specifically limiting ACE/NCCRS (non-collegiate) sources, not requiring RA credits. CSU Global is NOT ACE or NCCRS, and is collegiate, thus it does not count towards the 90-credit limit.

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/faqs-transfer-credit

Just seems odd that an exam would be considered RA credit since you didn't actually take a course. I know what CSU is. I attended there. The exams aren't courses though that's why I wonder why they're considered RA credit. 

What matters is the issuer of the credit. TESU doesn't really care HOW the credit was earned. As long as you can sufficiently prove to  TESU that the credit was issued by a properly accredited institution, TESU should take it as RA. As I found in my ongoing battle to transfer out Strayer challenge exam credits, TESU is open to accepting credit by exam transfers and will even consider alternate documentation if it's listed weird on the transcript.

Now I'm confused. seems like it would be up to TESU same as ECE exams or TEL exams are RA but they can still decide to evaluate and accept. In the past MANY posters used the old CSU exams for credit before they changed their policy to require attendance.

What I am getting now is that we can enroll as non degree student and DO NOT need to take a $1000 plus course to be eligible for self study exams. Hope I am right because quite a few of their exams starting to look really good. Any body who knows for sure?

Operative word is "guaranteed transfer".

CSU says : Currently, self-study assessment exam credit is not approved for Colorado gtPathway guaranteed transfer because self-study assessments are not considered resident credit. 

[url=https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alternative-credit-options/self-study-assessments][/url]
(02-18-2021, 08:21 PM)graduatesoon Wrote: Now I'm confused. seems like it would be up to TESU same as ECE exams or TEL exams are RA but they can still decide to evaluate and accept. In the past MANY posters used the old CSU exams for credit before they changed their policy to require attendance.

What I am getting now is that we can enroll as non degree student and DO NOT need to take a $1000 plus course to be eligible for self study exams. Hope I am right because quite a few of their exams starting to look really good. Any body who knows for sure?

CSU says : Currently, self-study assessment exam credit is not approved for Colorado gtPathway guaranteed transfer because self-study assessments are not considered resident credit. 

That Colorado gtPathway thing is entirely unrelated to transferring these assessment credits to TESU. They are just telling you the same thing that applies to nearly every credit by exam program out there, which is that testing credits do not count toward credit residency. That's all. The gtPathway program is only for transfers within some Colorado schools, and will not apply to TESU in any case.  

I have some ideas on how to avoid taking any actual classes. Probably the easiest way will be to only communicate with them enough to be admitted, then ignore any actual enrollment solicitations. I suspect that their system will work somewhat like the exam programs at Strayer, where anyone who has established an academic record can simply sign up for and take exams. I'd also recommend timing your admission to occur shortly after the start of a term, so that you can delay enrollment to the next term. Even if they make you sign up for classes in that upcoming term, just drop them after taking the desired exams.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(02-18-2021, 08:21 PM)graduatesoon Wrote: Now I'm confused. seems like it would be up to TESU same as ECE exams or TEL exams are RA but they can still decide to evaluate and accept. In the past MANY posters used the old CSU exams for credit before they changed their policy to require attendance.

[url=https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alternative-credit-options/self-study-assessments][/url]

It has always been, and will always be, up to the receiving school whether to grant credit or not.  TESU is very good about taking RA credit from anywhere, including exams like UExcel and CSU-Global SSA's.  But you will never get guaranteed transfer, unless you are taking a course from a school where TESU has a written agreement with.

TEL is not exams, they are actual courses, and the credit shows up on an RA transcript as an actual course taken.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • graduatesoon
(02-18-2021, 09:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

It has always been, and will always be, up to the receiving school whether to grant credit or not.  TESU is very good about taking RA credit from anywhere, including exams like UExcel and CSU-Global SSA's.  But you will never get guaranteed transfer, unless you are taking a course from a school where TESU has a written agreement with.

TEL is not exams, they are actual courses, and the credit shows up on an RA transcript as an actual course taken.

Back to RA. So will CSU-Global SSA's show up as RA or MAYBE RA or credit / alt credit or ??? If we send to COSC what happens?
(02-18-2021, 09:22 PM)graduatesoon Wrote:

Back to RA. So will CSU-Global SSA's show up as RA or MAYBE RA or credit / alt credit or ??? If we send to COSC what happens?

TESU considers them RA.  I haven't heard that COSC does NOT consider them the same way though.  My guess is they will take them, but I would probably check first.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • graduatesoon
(02-18-2021, 09:22 PM)graduatesoon Wrote:

They should be accepted by COSC. But they appear to be a bit pickier than TESU sometimes. So, I wouldn't really be surprised either way. 

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

Quote:Credits completed by institutional challenge examinations will be accepted in transfer provided that the courses were regularly listed and taught for degree credit in course format by the institution, appear on a regular transcript of the college awarding the credit as Institutional (not transfer) credit with a grade (P grade must be equivalent to a C or better) and credit hours. Proof of validation is required in all cases where an institution has awarded undergraduate credit on a basis other than completion of a conventional academic course of instruction.

Charter Oak State college will accept standardized examinations offered by regionally accredited institutions (TECEP, UEXCEL, NYU language Exams) with a grade of C or higher. Other college sponsored exams may be acceptable if it can be determined that the exams meet the strict evaluation criteria of COSC Faculty.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I'm confused by the new policy.

I'm doing multiple degrees, have met the 30RA requirement however I have over 90 credits transferred already in alternative credits applied to multiple degrees, some stuff not being used.

Is this 90 credit limit per degree?  I'm going for BS, BA, and associate's degree.

Do I need to somehow kick out my alternative credits on my transcript to make room to add new ones?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(02-19-2021, 04:03 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I'm confused by the new policy.

I'm doing multiple degrees, have met the 30RA requirement however I have over 90 credits transferred already in alternative credits applied to multiple degrees, some stuff not being used.

Is this 90 credit limit per degree?  I'm going for BS, BA, and associate's degree.

Do I need to somehow kick out my alternative credits on my transcript to make room to add new ones?

I don't think anyone is completely sure how this will work right now. We're all assuming and hoping it's per degree, but I have not seen any reports of graduation audit results under the revised rule.

If you duplicate a credit, both of them will show on your transcript. The second listing will indicate that it was a repeat. I believe that there's no way to remove something from your transcript once it's on there. You can theoretically control your academic evaluation by asking an advisor to move things around. I'd like someone else to chime in regarding how that is accomplished.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 160 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 225 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,574 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch