Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Questions
Haven't done anything on Study.com and it's time.

1) Is there a way to study the information and then pay for your month when you're ready to take the exams?

2) Are there coupon codes?

3) I know that you have a limit of 5 classes a month, but how viable is that? There are three that I would like to finish but I don't know how much more intense SDC courses are over Sophia, which I'm used to.

4) Any tips/tricks/hacks that you'd care to share.

I haven't signed up for an account yet, but plan to within a week so I'm going to soak up y'alls collective knowledge about them first Smile
Thanks.
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)
Ph.D in Criminal Justice (Intelligence) - UNG
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

1.) You can use a lower tier to study and take the quizzes + do any assignments. Then you upgrade to the $200 plan when you're ready for exams.
2.) I can send you a referral link with $10 off your first month. PM me your email if interested.
3.) It depends on the class. They're definitely more work than Sophia but some only take a little bit longer and others take a LOT longer.
4.) To have the most points possible, you are going to want to get 100% on each quiz within the first THREE attempts. There are various ways of doing this. But if you get 100% on the 4th try, it does not count towards your points. Failure to do this means that the exam and/or assignments just became a lot more important.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • hsfamfun, TINASAM
(03-30-2021, 10:51 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Haven't done anything on Study.com and it's time.

1) Is there a way to study the information and then pay for your month when you're ready to take the exams?

3) I know that you have a limit of 5 classes a month, but how viable is that? There are three that I would like to finish but I don't know how much more intense SDC courses are over Sophia, which I'm used to.

I haven't signed up for an account yet, but plan to within a week so I'm going to soak up y'alls collective knowledge about them first Smile
Thanks.
Those are all practice quizzes with answers in the print sections for studying. Impossible to get less than 100% on all quizzes. You need 210 points out of the 300. 

So with almost half of that completed, you need 55% on final and 55% on essays if any. 

When you look at it that way, it looks even easier.

I usually do all the quizzes on the $60 option and then stop, do all essays offline and then submit them all with the accelerated and take final. This way you take all time you want to work on essays without wasting money. And flashcards help prepare for the final.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seagull's post:
  • TINASAM
(03-31-2021, 09:48 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 10:51 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Haven't done anything on Study.com and it's time.

Thanks.
Those are all practice quizzes with answers in the print sections for studying. Impossible to get less than 100% on all quizzes. You need 210 points out of the 300. 

So with almost half of that completed, you need 55% on final and 55% on essays if any. 

When you look at it that way, it looks even easier.

I usually do all the quizzes on the $60 option and then stop, do all essays offline and then submit them all with the accelerated and take final. This way you take all time you want to work on essays without wasting money. And flashcards help prepare for the final.
Don't need to print answer key, just open it.
I have an additional question to piggy back on the OP. Is there any way to “share” one account as a family? Like, could my son and I do a course together, but then separately take any tests? I have never used the site so I don’t know how it works. It is pretty expensive compared to other options out there.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(04-06-2021, 01:39 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I have an additional question to piggy back on the OP.   Is there any way to “share” one account as a family?  Like, could my son and I do a course together, but then separately take any tests?  I have never used the site so I don’t know how it works.  It is pretty expensive compared to other options out there.

If you are talking about completing and testing out of the ACE college credit courses, then you have to have 2 accounts.  You have to complete the quizzes to be able to take the final.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • Vle045
(04-06-2021, 01:47 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 01:39 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I have an additional question to piggy back on the OP.   Is there any way to “share” one account as a family?  Like, could my son and I do a course together, but then separately take any tests?  I have never used the site so I don’t know how it works.  It is pretty expensive compared to other options out there.

If you are talking about completing and testing out of the ACE college credit courses, then you have to have 2 accounts.  You have to complete the quizzes to be able to take the final.

Thanks.  I wish they weren’t so expensive.   Confused
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
To make it cheaper, you can study on the lowest or the medium tier and only switch to the $200 plan to take exams. Paying $200/mo. is worth it when you're able to take 2 or more exams per month. It's less worth it if you're averaging 1 or fewer exams in a month.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
U can sign up for 29$/mo to study theory . Its the cheapest option to start ur preparation, then u can move to 59$/ mo to brush through courses' practice questions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linked University Questions for Sophia jdubley 8 1,287 09-28-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Sophia & Study questions CM1999 4 1,171 04-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree
  Computer Architecture Questions ACI 4 863 03-18-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Sophia Courses - Questions Dosada 9 1,115 12-13-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor.org exam retake same questions deegee 3 1,368 07-02-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation Coopersmith questions. Vle045 8 1,692 06-07-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Michelle779
  Questions for anyone who has taken ACTFL exams rachel83az 6 1,180 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
  study.com calculus course -- how many multiple choice questions in the final exam? lylx1981 2 1,019 11-26-2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Heart HappyPeanut - Questions & Answers HappyPeanut 21 2,491 11-15-2021, 01:28 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Quick Study.com Questions iothom 8 1,719 11-02-2021, 01:53 AM
Last Post: LevelUP