Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed Applying to TESU
Heart 
Hi everyone, 

I am an international student, and I want to apply to TESU Computer Science program. I have completed my TOEFL Exam (which is needed for non-native speakers like me). Other than that, I have 70 credits from SOPHIA. My questions are :

1. If I take more courses from SOPHIA or study.com in future, can I send the credits for evaluation later after my registration?
2. How am I supposed to send the credits? Is it through SOPHIA or ACE ?

Please advise me of the important things I need to follow before I complete my application.

Thank you.
1. Yes u can definitely do that. U can send them as long as u r enrolled in TESU.
2. As far as i know u can do through Sophia. U can do it as ACE recommended credit also, but i believe its through Credly now
Which country are you from? TOEFL is for countries that don't speak English. Continue with Sophia.org until you have max out the transfer option, you may want to do some Study.com courses too. Just to note, TESU requires you to take 30 RA credits, you need to also take 16 residency credits if you don't want to pay the residency waiver. The easiest option to hit both the 30 RA and residency requirements are two fold, take TECEPs and also take 16 credits towards your degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • msa145
I am from Asia and I was told to take the TOEFL. Can I apply now and transfer in the credits I have and later fill out other credits?
Or I need to hold 16 residency credits at the time of application in order not to pay the residency waiver?
(06-09-2021, 02:29 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Which country are you from? TOEFL is for countries that don't speak English. Continue with Sophia.org until you have max out the transfer option, you may want to do some Study.com courses too. Just to note, TESU requires you to take 30 RA credits, you need to also take 16 residency credits if you don't want to pay the residency waiver. The easiest option to hit both the 30 RA and residency requirements are two fold, take TECEPs and also take 16 credits towards your degree.
A rough timeline for international students who want to avoid the waiver would be:

1. Take TOEFL
  2. Apply to TESU (these first two steps can be swapped but TESU won't consider you a student until you've sent them the TOEFL results)
  3. If you plan on taking TECEPs to complete your degree, you can skip this step. Pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP as soon as you are accepted to TESU. This unlocks unlimited credit evaluations and makes you a full student. You do NOT have to take the exam but you do need to sign up ASAP. If you skip this step, sign up for one of the TECEPs you'll be using for your degree. You'll have 12 weeks to take that TECEP but you should sign up right away for at least one.
  4. Send in whatever credits you've already completed (Sophia is through "ACE system" via Credly)
  5. Take 3 TECEPs or classes from TEL Learning or ONU (Olivet Nazarene University) or UExcel Exams (UExcels can be difficult, so this isn't generally recommended but it is still an option) to equal 9 credits. Some degrees have courses that MUST be RA credit in order to meet all requirements. Computer Science is borderline because meeting the upper-level credit requirements can be difficult without any RA credits to assist.
  6. Work on finishing off your degree using credits from Study.com
  7. Once you hit 100 credits, sign up for these classes in ONE term: cornerstone, capstone, the one-credit Jane Austin class, and three easy ePack courses
  8. If you still have degree requirements, finish them off through Study.com
  9. Graduate!
ePack courses are similar to TECEPs in that the whole grade rests on a single exam. 

Taking 9 or more credits in a single term (ePack courses count, TECEPs do not) triggers TESU's flat-rate tuition

If you only take the bare minimum of 6 credits at TESU, your approximate TESU tuition would be: 6 credits x $519 = $3114 + residency waiver fee of $3192 = $6306.

If you take 16 credits in a single term at TESU, your TESU tuition would be: $4639 (single term flat rate). 

Graduation fees, application fees, etc. would be the same for both routes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • msa145, Zardoz
(06-09-2021, 07:35 AM)rachel83az Wrote: A rough timeline for international students who want to avoid the waiver would be:

1. Take TOEFL
  2. Apply to TESU (these first two steps can be swapped but TESU won't consider you a student until you've sent them the TOEFL results)
  3. If you plan on taking TECEPs to complete your degree, you can skip this step. Pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP as soon as you are accepted to TESU. This unlocks unlimited credit evaluations and makes you a full student. You do NOT have to take the exam but you do need to sign up ASAP. If you skip this step, sign up for one of the TECEPs you'll be using for your degree. You'll have 12 weeks to take that TECEP but you should sign up right away for at least one.
  4. Send in whatever credits you've already completed (Sophia is through "ACE system" via Credly)
  5. Take 3 TECEPs or classes from TEL Learning or ONU (Olivet Nazarene University) or UExcel Exams (UExcels can be difficult, so this isn't generally recommended but it is still an option) to equal 9 credits. Some degrees have courses that MUST be RA credit in order to meet all requirements. Computer Science is borderline because meeting the upper-level credit requirements can be difficult without any RA credits to assist.
  6. Work on finishing off your degree using credits from Study.com
  7. Once you hit 100 credits, sign up for these classes in ONE term: cornerstone, capstone, the one-credit Jane Austin class, and three easy ePack courses
  8. If you still have degree requirements, finish them off through Study.com
  9. Graduate!
ePack courses are similar to TECEPs in that the whole grade rests on a single exam. 

Taking 9 or more credits in a single term (ePack courses count, TECEPs do not) triggers TESU's flat-rate tuition

If you only take the bare minimum of 6 credits at TESU, your approximate TESU tuition would be: 6 credits x $519 = $3114 + residency waiver fee of $3192 = $6306.

If you take 16 credits in a single term at TESU, your TESU tuition would be: $4639 (single term flat rate). 

Graduation fees, application fees, etc. would be the same for both routes.

Thank you so much for the guidance. My applications has been approved and I was contacted by the Admissions Counselor and I was told to send the transcripts. I have sent it via Credly. Can you please tell me what do you mean by "This unlocks unlimited credit evaluations and makes you a full student."

Will they not evaluate my Credly transcripts if I am not registered to a TECEP ?

Thank you again for the help Smile
You get 2 "free" evaluations before you're enrolled. Once you use up those two, they won't evaluate any more transfer credits until you are enrolled.

TESU has accepted you, but you aren't considered enrolled until you sign up for a class or TECEP with them.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
If you do NOT take a class or register for a TECEP, you are only in "application status". During application status, they will only do 2 evaluations. If you've sent in transcripts with Credly, that's 1 evaluation used up. If you send in a Study.com transcript two weeks from now, that'd be the second evaluation used up. If you still needed to have classes added to your transcript after the second evaluation, you would need to register for a class or a TECEP.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • msa145
I have finished my first evaluation, and I am attaching my evaluation pdf. I plan to take the least amount of courses with TESU which I believe is 6 credits.

I currently have American Government credit from StraighterLine which can fulfill Civic Engagement 3SH ?

I am going to renew my Sophia plan and take Computer Science 303: Database Management and other Elective credits. I am completely new to this path and your feedback and suggestions are welcomed. 

Thank you

Attached Files
.pdf   c0678fe0-1987-4ae2-adbf-5cc7affe8508.pdf (Size: 216.63 KB / Downloads: 23)
If you only want to take 6 credits from TESU you need to figure out where your other 24 RA credits are going to come from and where they are going to slot into. I would do that next.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 766 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need some advice tpell1219 14 503 03-27-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: RJ77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 293 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,163 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP