Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottega University: The Congress of Future Medical Leaders
Not exactly expensive at all, how about FREE? The hidden reveal here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid338902
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you care about the ACE credits, you don't want the degree. If you want the degree, you don't care about the ACE credits. Thus, not free.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Johann
I look at ACE credits (in the context of getting an undergrad degree) as a generally less expensive way to earn credits toward an undergraduate degree through transfers. Places like Straighterline have made their name on that. But finding the least expensive options is what makes them attractive in the first place. Once the prices get nearer to the normal market tuition, the benefits diminish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • rachel83az
rachel83az Wrote:If you care about the ACE credits, you don't want the degree. If you want the degree, you don't care about the ACE credits. Thus, not free.

eLearner Wrote:I look at ACE credits (in the context of getting an undergrad degree) as a generally less expensive way to earn credits toward an undergraduate degree through transfers. Places like Straighterline have made their name on that. But finding the least expensive options is what makes them attractive in the first place. Once the prices get nearer to the normal market tuition, the benefits diminish.

Hey thanks for your feedback, I agree on both fronts, you'll have to pay handsomely just to get those ACE credits for Bottega University if you want to get that Full Stack Development Cert. Having said that, I agree we're looking at the same two pages of a book, or looking at the same half full/empty glass, but in a different view. You're looking at the opposite page as I, or the opposite side of the glass... My focus is not on the ACE credits, but the degree credentials, the ACE/Full Stack Dev Cert is just icing on the cake.

Let me explain further, here is an example. Missouri State MBA program has multiple concentrations to choose from, there are opportunities to get a GOB Graduate Certificate if you select the concentrations that provide a cert, with or without extra courses to take. I would opt for concentrations that do not require extra work, thus getting a FREE grad cert en route to the MBA, in addition to a concentration. As a degree parchment will just say "MBA", having a Grad Cert will stand out, even if no extra work has been done. I would not pay 1/3rd the price of the degree, just to get a grad cert, the value/ROI is not there.

Another example, one that has been used often, a TESU BALS has multiple concentrations to select from, say you pick the Psych concentration, the courses within the Psych concentration include an undergraduate cert in Psychology, without extra work needed. Not all concentrations will give you this option, such as their Humanities, Social Sciences, or NSM options. Same here, the degree parchment will only indicate a Bachelors of Arts, having an undergrad cert can stand out with no need of extra work (in addition to the FREE associates you can get en route to the Bachelors, the Cert may be included as well). I would not pay any price for the cert or associates!

The example for Bottega is similar, someone may be looking for an NA BS Comp Sci that has a concentration in Full Stack Development, it just so happens to provide an Associates of Comp Sci and a Full Stack Development Cert en route to that degree. Even though they're NA, they may fit the purpose for their position and because the degree is CHEA/USDOE recognized, international students looking for a comparable program may go for it. This can lead up to a Masters at Purdue Global ExcelTrack MSIT if they decide on an RA masters down the road.

Essentially, for all three examples, taking the cert alone is not where the ROI/Value is, I would refrain from that. But going for the degree, why not get the Associates/Cert or grad cert en route with it for no cost? It's like going shopping for Mother's day, I went and grabbed $400 worth of cosmetics for the wife, the cashier asks me which "freebie gift worth $75" I wanted, I just picked whichever of the two or three that they had randomly and voila, an awesome freebie... I wouldn't have said no thanks unless they were going to charge me extra for a freebie!

Oh and those interested in the Missouri State MBA with several concentrations to select from, here's the link to my previous post, the only difference is now they've added a 1 credit course compared to when I posted last year: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid315836
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ok your analysis is cool. Love the linked post.
You find a way to get the things at a good price.
Keep us up to speed.

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 222 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,610 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,547 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,934 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,486 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff