Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Clep degree plan for GF
There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with CLEP! OMG, if someone wants to CLEP out of courses, they really should. I'd start with the easiest exams and work your way through (I took Marketing and Management and thought they were pretty easy - and they were considered UL when I took them to TESU back in 2014).

Anyway, if I were her and a decent-to-good test-taker, I'd do the following:
1) apply at TESU
2) register for the TECEP (but don't take it if you don't want)
3) Use Modern States and start getting those CLEP vouchers
4) save money by sending the CLEP exam scores to TESU as you take them
5) once you're done with the CLEP exams you want, switch to Sophia, then Study.com or Davar

MAKE SURE YOU'RE USING THE MOST UP-TO-DATE DEGREE PLAN - THEY HAVE CHANGED RECENTLY

Here's where the credits will come in:
ENG101 >> Written Comm (still need to take ENG102, you can CLEP this and I'd recommend it)
COMM104 >> Oral Comm
SOCY101 >> Diversity
THTR176 >> Humanities
CHEM101 >> Scientific Knowledge
MATH103 >> Free Electives
FRSR101 >> Free Electives
-----------------------------------
Also, you need 3cr more of RA, so I'd consider taking the English Comp II TECEP exam instead of enrolling with the other TECEP. But you do still need 3cr of RA whatever you decide, and a TECEP is a good way to get that credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-11-2021, 06:41 AM)Unistic Wrote: Thank you! And she will so we can see what her previous credit count towards. And sorry I use the word CLEP loosely to refer to study.com which I see is the most widely used one. She'll follow the wiki guide it'll take her a while to finish the degree but she doesn't want to take physical courses i.e online discussion boards.

Again thanks!

CLEP and Study.com are 2 totally different things and CLEP isn't used interchangeably. She will have to take some classes for that RA credit TESu requires. All schools don't have discussions in their online classes.
The easiest, though not necessarily the cheapest, RA credit that she could get would be from ASU. Of the ASU classes I've taken, I think that only Introduction to Health & Wellness had required discussions. The other classes had boards where you could ask for help but you never needed to post anything if you didn't want/need to do so. I'm not sure about TEL but some ONU classes do have discussions while others do not. TEL does have 2 proctored exams per course, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 0 22 1 hour ago
Last Post: Freyo27
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 584 2 hours ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 5 101 2 hours ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 311 3 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 135 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,476 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,851 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 178 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 341 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 954 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM