Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nexford University - DEAC Application
Interesting, I guess after all the conversations on both this and the sister forum, they've placed their application in for a better or a proper accreditation than just the ASIC UK recognition.  They're looking more and more viable as an option for individuals, especially since they recently got a few million extra in funding...

Previous Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-3-million?
DEAC Link: https://www.deac.org/Public-Notices/Inst...dered.aspx
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I was suprised to see hondros on that list. We have a Hondros down the road that does Real Estate, Appraisal, Insurance and Nursing classes. I didn’t know they had a business school too. I took real estate licensing classes there in 2009
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
I wonder what the general timeframe is after initial application. I'm trying to think back to Smartly/Quantic, it seems like it was quite lengthy.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Unless the transfer credit policy changes, I don't see Nexford as a viable option for learners with accumulated college credit. It may possibly become an option for Master's students. However, the DEAC accreditation would need to be granted first.

https://www.nexford.org/faqs states: "At the present time, Nexford University is not setup to accept transfer credits." The page also has the following information; "Question: I've studied before. Can I receive credit? Not yet. We built Nexford from scratch and our innovative curriculum is one you won't find anywhere else. It's based on the latest industry insights and is well and truly unique. That's why we can't accept credit transfer applications right now – stay tuned!"

Quantic School of Business and Technology (another DEAC school) has maintained this non-transfer policy, even after accreditation: "Quantic School of Business and Technology does not give credit for work completed at other institutions." But they are focusing on Master's degrees. This is a bit different from Nexford, which has a large number of undergraduate degrees.
I'm going to introduce a note of skepticism.  In the past there have been instances where a school has applied for DEAC/DETC accreditation just so they could say that they're a candidate (or whatever the proper term might be).  Simply appearing to take the accreditation process seriously can give them years of pseudo-credibility, all the while they're collecting those tuition payments.  I know, I know . . . what a terrible thing to suggest.  I guess I just have a suspicious nature.  I hope I'm wrong.  I think we're all better off if they become properly accredited.
[-] The following 2 users Like Alpha's post:
  • eLearner, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,446 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 322 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,717 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,767 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 743 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,312 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,756 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 400 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,598 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff