Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! If I make a UK TOP UP Degree can I apply for a Russell Group University later?
Hello,

I have a question, I dream to go to London for my Master´s Degree, I want to go to Kings, Birkbeck, LSE, or UCL, I do have an undergraduate for my country (It is a Bachelor in my Country) however is not recognized as a Bachelor in UK, so I can´t apply to the Master Program that I want.

What I can do is to make a Top-up Degree to have a BS Degree from the UK.

Question:

With this Degree, Can I apply to a Russell Group University?

In case that I want a Job in the Uk: How do the companies take the Top-up Degree?

Thank you so much for the help!!
What undergrad do you have? Which country? I assume that is from Spain from your alias.

A top up degree is the same as an honors degree (4 year). If your Spain degree is 3 years, you need the top up for it to be fully recognized.

Furthermore, the Russell group is a whole slew of "Top Tier" universities, they are very selective in entry, you need more ammo...

Last but not least, a top up once again is the same as a 4 year degree, a regular degree in the UK is mostly just 3 years, companies will take it fine.

Here's the link for the Russell Group if people are interested - https://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/our-universities/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hey there! 

Thank you, it is a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, from CR.  Ordinary for UK 

Maybe I am considering taking my Top-up in Middlesex or Derby.
I think it's not a problem. There are some people who are from my local open university who goes to the Russel Group. But I agree with bjcheung77, you need more ammo. Work experience also counts, try to highlight that too.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
Thank you so much!!

So I believe that I am going to do it!! 

Question: How can I put the Top-up in my CV? Like Ba (hons)

bjcheung77, I saw that you studied in Spain, me too. Do you have any experience with the Official and Propio Master in the UK?
Which Russel group Unis though. the lower tier ones take in almost any1 with $$. York / Leeds / Leicester come to mind. A bach degree w/ work experience works for them. some even accept you into their Masters program with just work experience.

but I've seen places like Imperil only accept people with an FCH for some courses.
Thanl you so much.

Just for my Knowledge what is a FCH?
(08-25-2021, 03:04 PM)UKSPAINStud Wrote: Thanl you so much.

Just for my Knowledge what is a FCH?

First Class Honours
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_un...sification
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
bjcheung77What undergrad do you have? Which country? I assume that is from Spain from your alias.  

A top up degree is the same as an honors degree (4 year).  If your Spain degree is 3 years, you need the top up for it to be fully recognized.

Furthermore, the Russell group is a whole slew of "Top Tier" universities, they are very selective in entry, you need more ammo...

Last but not least, a top up once again is the same as a 4 year degree, a regular degree in the UK is mostly just 3 years, companies will take it fine.

Here's the link for the Russell Group if people are interested - https://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/our-universities/

A top up degree is the same as a 3 year degree which is an honors degree in England. Scotland do 3 years or 4 years for honors. Once you have the top up degree you have a degree. You shouldn't been seen any differently from anyone else.

Russell group uni's aren't more/very selective unless you are talking about Oxford, Cambridge, maybe Imperial. If you meet the entry requirements you stand the same chance as anyone else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 222 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,610 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,547 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,934 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar