Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSML WGU Help needed.
I'm a current MSML student and no you cannot transfer any credits into the program. You can however absolutely complete the degree in one term. I'm 3.5 classes away from completion and I started September 1st.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(10-11-2021, 05:28 PM)collegechick Wrote: I'm a current MSML student and no you cannot transfer any credits into the program. You can however absolutely complete the degree in one term. I'm 3.5 classes away from completion and I started September 1st.

Wow, you're a rockstar!

How many hours a week on average have you been studying for the MSML?

Do you recommend doing any pre studying before beginning the master's program?

I have some credits left on Study.com. I was thinking of doing Change Management and Human Resources.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-11-2021, 06:03 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 05:28 PM)collegechick Wrote: I'm a current MSML student and no you cannot transfer any credits into the program. You can however absolutely complete the degree in one term. I'm 3.5 classes away from completion and I started September 1st.

Wow, you're a rockstar!

How many hours a week on average have you been studying for the MSML?

Do you recommend doing any pre studying before beginning the master's program?

I have some credits left on Study.com. I was thinking of doing Change Management and Human Resources.

Hey, thanks!  Smile  To be honest, I'm burning out.  This is my full-time job at the moment.  I don't have kids or any other major obligations.  I would say I spend an average of at least 4-6 hours a day on school, 7 days a week.  This weekend (and half the day Friday) I finished an entire course, but I wrote all day - 8 hours each day.  I did take a few days off just to recover from the brutal Business Acumen test and lost just a couple of days for an emergency family obligation.

If you have some background in business I think it would definitely help you with this program.  I didn't have a lot of college business courses under my belt.  I would say this degree has definitely been challenging because I don't find a lot of the material interesting.  It's definitely practical, but not very interesting - just a personal opinion.  Change Management and Innovation is what I'm taking right now.  It's a lot of theories.   

The course, Management of Human Capital, is ALL about Human Resources, so yes, taking a course exposing you to terms may help.  This program is very writing intensive.  I actually prefer the writing assignments over the tests, because they've all been a challenge to me, but ymmv.

I'd recommend this school though.  You cannot beat a competency-based, work at your own pace program!  WGU has been supportive, friendly, and available to answer questions.  The FB support group is instrumental.  Let me know if you have any more questions.  Smile
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
ss20ts, collegechick - guess who just followed your lead and is about to start MSML at WGU? Me!
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-17-2021, 08:12 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: ss20ts, collegechick - guess who just followed your lead and is about to start MSML at WGU? Me!
That's exciting! I'm happy for you!! If you have any questions hit me up. I just posted another thread listing the freebies WGU gives students and graduates. Very happy with my decision to get this degree from WGU.

Also, I found the FB MSML group really helpful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegechick's post:
  • RRobs

How is the program?  Did you find it fairly straightforward?  I'm thinking about hitting the apply now button and I'm nervous!!  
The bachelors with UMPI was a breeze.  I graduated in one term with time to spare.  It has got to be more difficult.
(10-08-2021, 07:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 06:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Have you thought about the MAOL at U of Mass Global?  I think they're just a tad more affordable at $3500/6 month term vs WGU at a bit over $4K.  The main drawback is I think it's just RA, no additional program/system accreditation, whereas WGU is ACBSP.  I would pay the extra bit for WGU if it matters, but if it doesn't matter, U Mass may look/sound better overall on paper at least...

The UMass Global MAOL is the EXACT same degree that ashkir is doing. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole! Many people can complete WGU's MSML in 1 or 2 terms. Brandman told me that I needed to plan for a minimum of 1 year and it couldn't be completed in under a year. After seeing what ashkir has done, I know there's no way to complete it in a year. ashkir also had 3 classed transferred up to the MAOL from his bachelor's degree so he had fewer classes. The classes are pure hell.

Since UMPI transferred some of ashkir’s undergraduate courses to their MAOL, I wonder if WGU would accept the same. I think if they did, I’d highly consider it. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a Master’s. It’s so intimidating and exciting at the same time.
(12-28-2021, 12:03 PM)RRobs Wrote:

How is the program?  Did you find it fairly straightforward?  I'm thinking about hitting the apply now button and I'm nervous!!  
The bachelors with UMPI was a breeze.  I graduated in one term with time to spare.  It has got to be more difficult.
 The program is very writing intensive. I love all the free alumni  benefits.  I finished the program in 59 days. I'm happy I picked WGU. Go for it!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegechick's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How math heavy are the MSML & MBA? IceSparkle 5 983 10-29-2022, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  MSML carebear_007 6 1,273 05-14-2022, 11:15 AM
Last Post: carebear_007
  Attn: WGU active and alumni - guidance needed allvia 1 1,337 07-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  WGU - MSML ftsfour1 6 2,202 11-15-2017, 05:50 AM
Last Post: ftsfour1