Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Planning for SNHU
I agree with the suggestion of Pierpont. It doesn't really require any additional coursework beyond what you'd need to do anyway for SNHU. Your only cost will be the time it takes to deal with the registration/paperwork and the fees for sending your transcript to Pierpont. An Associate degree for less than $5 is a steal, literally! https://www.cccc.edu/registrar/transcript/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-01-2021, 12:36 PM)empress_subzero Wrote: Should I call SNHU and ask if these classes at Study.com at equivalent to SNHU classes. How do I know ?

SNHU does take Study.com.

In a perfect world, all online colleges that take alt credits would provide a transfer guide similar to WGU.

SNHU doesn't have a Study.com equivalency guide, so there is no guide to know what comes into SNHU.

There is an equivalency guide for Sophia
https://snhu.sophia.org/

You can try calling SNHU and asking and see what you come up with, at least for the GE credits.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-01-2021, 12:36 PM)empress_subzero Wrote: Hello All,

Just started here. I have been looking at this website for a couple weeks now and decided to join, I hope to get some help and/or maybe so good advice

Your Location: Maryland, USA
Your Age: 27
What kind of degree do you want?:
I'm going for Environmental Science,
{but my dream is to become a Psychologist but thats in the future}

Current Regional Accredited Credits:

School Name Total Credits: #
Class Name, Credits, Grade

Central Carolina Community College
*Criminal Justice - 3 credits - (A)

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits:

I have None

Any certifications or military experience?
 I have none as well

I've have been looking to do SL for years but It seems that's a lot of money for a buck that i feel like I'm not going to finish the course within a month. Especially when i see reviews say otherwise, which i hope it will be different if i do decided to get a couple of courses from the get college credit.
I'm looking at Sophia but I'm not sure what classes I should take I only see English and Environmental Science I should take. I know General education classes usually take History and Psychology but it does not say that on the SNHU website on the General Education credits; so I am stuck right now. Will it be taken as electives? I don't want to waste my take taking these classes when I can take other classes too. I also looked at Study.com and i saw the Geology 101 classes, and I am not sure if that equivalent to the PHY105 - Geology classes at SNHU. Should I call SNHU and ask if these classes at Study.com at equivalent to SNHU classes. How do I know ? Also another example: It says World Geography (GEO200) but on study.com says Geography 101? Do i still take that? Please help. THank You, I appreciate it.

Were you able to transfer study.com "Geology 101: Physical Geology" to "PHY105 - Geology" at SNHU? 
How about study.com "Geography 101: Human & Cultural Geography" to "GEO200 - World Geography" at SNHU?

I'm thinking of going to SNHU and want to know if these two courses from study.com transfer to SNHU.
The problem is that these two courses are not included in the Equivalency List between study.com and SNHU on the website.
I emailed to the school and got a reply saying they don't know until they receive the transcript and go thru the process.
Anyone have some experience?
Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 3 62 1 hour ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 591 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,164 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,902 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 206 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 198 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,145 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,300 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 930 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM