Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should I grab a free associates degree if graduating same major bachelor degree?
(12-24-2021, 01:11 AM)jsarles Wrote:
(12-24-2021, 12:14 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 07:26 PM)jsarles Wrote: So they followed up with me and they added both degree plans to my program list.

They also said I don't need any Gen Eds because of my prior bachelors degree.
5 more math credits would do get me the math minor
And the College mathamtics CLEP would get me 6...
I got a 47 on the College Alegbra CLEP so I feel like I should be able to stumble through this class with the Instacert flash cards

CLEP College math hmm.  I'm 6 credits away from a math associate's degree.  I may as well just take a shot at the college math CLEP exam.

I'm going to use Peterson's Master the CLEP guide.  It's only like 50 pages to read and comes with a practice test. PM if you need help getting this or have a better suggestion.  Also, I'll do the Modern States & maybe find a Quizlet. 

MY Associates Math Plan:
RA College Algebra (came in MAT-121 for more than 3 credits)
Sophia stats
CMS Learn
Calculus
Discrete Math
CLEP College Math (6cr)

Graduation instructions are here:
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

I emailed registrar@tesu.edu, and from what I understand, you have until Feb 1st to get all courses completed and then added to your degree.  Considering you have lag when CLEP sends scores and then it's added to your degree, maybe you have until Jan 7th to take the CLEP done, or you be cutting it close.
Well hey, if you're six credits away....
Smoke 'em if you got' em
I'm going to use this youtube video to study https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU2cVLf4xRU
and also use the instacert flashcards and maybe Khan academy if I am feeling really studious. 
I might schedule my CLEP exam for the 7th or so. that seems fine to me. Work expands to fill the time allotted. I think I can do plenty of work between now and then to get ready for this.
(12-30-2021, 12:35 PM)jsarles Wrote: I'm going to use this youtube video to study https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU2cVLf4xRU
and also use the instacert flashcards and maybe Khan academy if I am feeling really studious. 
I might schedule my CLEP exam for the 7th or so. that seems fine to me. Work expands to fill the time allotted. I think I can do plenty of work between now and then to get ready for this.

According to here, a virtual TI-30XS MultiView calculator you can use:
https://clep.collegeboard.org/clep-exams...athematics

However when go to the practice site, get the code, it keeps going into a loop never giving access to the calculator to practice:
https://ibt2calc.ets.org/index.html

Really frustrating.  I might just buy the calculator for $15 at Target just to practice so I know what the calculator can and can't do.  

I'm not sure how things are going to go.  I estimate 15 hours to study give or take 5hrs.  Seems like a mix of stats, discrete math, basic math sprinkled with Algebra and Geometry. 

I'm shooting for taking the test on Jan 4th.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Passed College Mathametics clep with 64. I added TESU as the recipient of my scores, will check College board really quickly just in case. Should give 3 business weeks for TESU and collegboard to process. Hopefully TESU will get me the six credits I need for the ANSM in math but it's no longer in my hands and this associates in math is just a bonus. Thanks to everyone here who mentioned it as an option bcheung and rachel. Nice thing to have on a resume. fingers crossed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free TECEPs Offer for Accepted-but-not-Enrolled PLEX 3 213 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 286 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 240 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 238 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Adding on associates? optimisticCoder3 6 391 02-23-2024, 09:58 PM
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Bachelor to Masters Data Analytics homeschoolmom1 2 316 01-22-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1