Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU multiple degrees policy
I emailed them, asking about the number of Bachelors someone can obtain from TESU if they have one from other institution.
I got response that TESU will award upto 2 Bachelors in this situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • jsd
(02-08-2022, 05:27 PM)jsd Wrote: Admissions have confirmed they would allow me to get a third degree. I applied and got accepted, and am in the middle of an evaluation.

I don't think I'll actually go through with it, but I can confirm that the policy has changed.

My still-in-progress eval does say my Liberal Arts capstone is satisfied by my previous degree, but I wonder if that'll be corrected after the evaluation is complete. Still waiting on my WGU transcript to come in.

I do not understand why they would say that to you, when his file has warning notes all over about notifying that when he finishes the next two classes that are in-progress at PSU he must update them and will be bound by the no third degree policy - it is actually mentioned a couple times Huh

I wonder if admissions and the registrar are not necessarily on the same page about this? I would be interested to know what they say when your WGU transcript is in (since I guess that is the one with your conferred degree on it?)
(02-08-2022, 05:44 PM)sarahmac Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 05:27 PM)jsd Wrote: Admissions have confirmed they would allow me to get a third degree. I applied and got accepted, and am in the middle of an evaluation.

I don't think I'll actually go through with it, but I can confirm that the policy has changed.

My still-in-progress eval does say my Liberal Arts capstone is satisfied by my previous degree, but I wonder if that'll be corrected after the evaluation is complete. Still waiting on my WGU transcript to come in.

I do not understand why they would say that to you, when his file has warning notes all over about notifying that when he finishes the next two classes that are in-progress at PSU he must update them and will be bound by the no third degree policy - it is actually mentioned a couple times Huh

I wonder if admissions and the registrar are not necessarily on the same page about this? I would be interested to know what they say when your WGU transcript is in (since I guess that is the one with your conferred degree on it?)

I've had the same note in my evaluation ("The University will not award a third baccalaureate degree.") since October 2021, when I first applied to complete a second degree. I was also told by an advisor last week that "You cannot take a third Bachelor’s degree" when I asked a different question about my future enrollment status.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(02-08-2022, 05:44 PM)sarahmac Wrote:

Likely because that was the old policy and they apparently just haven't gotten to updating that template. But the policy page itself has been updated.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch