Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Bachelor’s LA
Hi everyone! I’m sure it’s been asked but I can’t find it. Is it possible to graduate with a bachelors in Liberia arts through only Sophia courses ? And if so what’s the average time it would take?Currently in the military right now and trying to have a degree on my way out . Any help would be appreciated !
Only Sophia? No. But you can come pretty close!

Excelsior requires at least 30 UL credits. Sophia only has 2 or 3 courses (6 or 9 credits) that Excelsior would consider to be UL. None of them are Liberal Arts. You will need UL credit from Study.com and/or Coopersmith in order to get a Excelsior degree.

Excelsior also requires that you take the capstone, cornerstone, & information literacy courses through them.

If you fill out the information listed here, we'll be able to help you to determine if Excelsior is even the right school for your needs: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
@jakill2, I highly recommend you complete the info in the link provided above, the more info, the better, make sure to do the last post addendum as well. Anyways, why Excelsior? I would recommend other options especially for active military. Excelsior is my second choice; TESU wins this one...

At TESU, you need to take 18 credits worth of TECEPs and then the cornerstone/capstone. The rest can come from Sophia.org for lower level requirements and any ACE/NCCRS options you want to use for upper level requirements. This will most likely come out cheaper, easier, faster than at Excelsior too.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(09-23-2022, 01:41 AM)Thankyou so much! I’ve enrolled already in the associates program and was wondering how far off and how fast it could he completeted so thankyourachel83az Wrote: Only Sophia? No. But you can come pretty close!

Excelsior requires at least 30 UL credits. Sophia only has 2 or 3 courses (6 or 9 credits) that Excelsior would consider to be UL. None of them are Liberal Arts. You will need UL credit from Study.com and/or Coopersmith in order to get a Excelsior degree.

Excelsior also requires that you take the capstone, cornerstone, & information literacy courses through them.

If you fill out the information listed here, we'll be able to help you to determine if Excelsior is even the right school for your needs: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

(09-23-2022, 11:07 AM)Honestly no exact reason for excelsior it was just one of the first schools that showed as taking a lot of military and Sophia credit but maybe I’ll have to look around a bit particularly at TESU bjcheung77 Wrote: @jakill2, I highly recommend you complete the info in the link provided above, the more info, the better, make sure to do the last post addendum as well.  Anyways, why Excelsior? I would recommend other options especially for active military.  Excelsior is my second choice; TESU wins this one...

At TESU, you need to take 18 credits worth of TECEPs and then the cornerstone/capstone.  The rest can come from Sophia.org for lower level requirements and any ACE/NCCRS options you want to use for upper level requirements.  This will most likely come out cheaper, easier, faster than at Excelsior too.
If you're already enrolled at EU, you can probably just stay there; they charge $750/cr for military, just like TESU does. If they only require 7cr taken through them, then you can get the degree there for $2,015 (that is for the cornerstone, capstone, and Info Lit; this does not include the cost of the AA capstone, which I never recommend).

If you are required to take 15 (16)cr there for military discount, then the cost ends up being $4,445.
TESU's military rate is $2,698 for 6cr there, but you'll still need to bring in 24cr of RA - if you don't have that, then you'll spend a bit for those credits, but it still ends up cheaper than EU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-25-2022, 08:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you're already enrolled at EU, you can probably just stay there; they charge $750/cr for military, just like TESU does. 

$250: https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...uate-fees/

https://www.tesu.edu/military
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-26-2022, 01:38 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 08:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you're already enrolled at EU, you can probably just stay there; they charge $750/cr for military, just like TESU does. 

$250: https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...uate-fees/

https://www.tesu.edu/military

Sorry, I meant $750/course (and I'm sure most people could have easily figured that out).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-23-2022, 01:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Only Sophia? No. But you can come pretty close!

What courses can be taken at Sophia that you said excelsior would accept at upper level?
new2this Wrote:What courses can be taken at Sophia that you said excelsior would accept at upper level?

Hey, It's on Sophia.org's Excelsior webpage here, it may work for you: https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses
To be on the safe side, if you're going with Excelsior, you need to verify with their advisor before taking the courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I think this file is more up-to-date: https://www.excelsior.edu/wp-content/upl...t-2022.pdf

Linked here: https://www.excelsior.edu/partner/sophia/
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • NC Coach

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 403 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 937 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,584 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,646 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,074 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,735 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,311 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az