Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official guide to courses from Finnish universities
There are multiple Finnish universities with courses that could be useful for degrees from TESU. Post your experience with the course(s) here. 

University:
Course:
Course content: How is the material presented? Videos? Text? External content? Do you have to buy/have other materials?
Final exam format: How many questions? Multiple choice? Essay? Both? Something else?
Final exam content vs course content/practice exams: Have you seen the information before in the course, or was it a total curve ball?
Time taken on course: Hours? Weeks? Days?
Familiarity with subject before course: Never heard of it before taking the course, Low, medium, high, I do this every day. How would you have scored on the final with no preparation?
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know:
1-10 Difficulty level: From learning the colors to rocket surgery
Final grade: Some of these courses are pass/fail with no grade; if that applies, how close were you to failing/passing?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • JPN, MFG
I won't be following the template since I've taken a bunch, but DM me if you want more information on any of these classes.

I've taken Cognitive functions in neurological diseases (5 ECTS), Nutrition for sports and physical activity (5 ECTS), Customer service design and quality of service (3 ECTS), Customer service process planning (2 ECTS), Customer experience management (5 ECTS), and Empowering youth (5 ECTS). All of these classes were pass/fail. I've also completed a few modules (a total of 7 ECTS) from the Introduction to video games creation course, and I'm currently taking Using wellbeing skills to promote studying ability (2 ECTS).

None of the classes I finished had any writing that I can remember. Typically, it was some reading or videos followed by an exam (multiple attempts were allowed if you needed them). I was already familiar with the content in most cases, so I'd skim the reading and take the exam. Aside from "Using wellbeing skills", all of them made the content immediately available (either from the start or after completing the previous module) - "Using wellbeing skills" unlocks a new module every week or two, and it also involves some writing.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 2 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • jch, MFG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU's non-proctored courses rachel83az 66 13,450 02-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 273 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 353 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  The official guide to self-study RA courses from ASU, BYU, UIdaho, etc. rachel83az 50 31,560 11-10-2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jch
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,175 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of Arizona - Sophia (ACE) Guide dy4242 11 1,173 09-15-2023, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  New ASU ULC Courses: 1 in Physics (no lab), 2 in Organizational doom 30 4,038 03-07-2023, 09:19 AM
Last Post: doom
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,593 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Star Self-paced online courses from University of North Dakota (UND) Pikachu 13 2,979 09-07-2022, 04:02 PM
  (Not cheap) self-paced courses from MSU Denver rachel83az 2 776 09-07-2022, 03:56 PM