Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applied Probability and Statistics
My wife is struggling with Applied Probability and Statistics at WGU. She has accelerated through almost all of her courses and now this course is causing a major bottleneck in her acceleration plan. I've mentioned checking out SDC for learning, because she is having a hard time learning with WGU. Does anyone have any suggestions for her other than asking WGU for tutoring help?
(11-20-2022, 03:26 PM)Indy73 Wrote: My wife is struggling with Applied Probability and Statistics at WGU. She has accelerated through almost all of her courses and now this course is causing a major bottleneck in her acceleration plan. I've mentioned checking out SDC for learning, because she is having a hard time learning with WGU. Does anyone have any suggestions for her other than asking WGU for tutoring help?

Generally Khan academy has some really good free resources to use for physics, chemistry and mathematics, I would recommend checking them out. 
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/statistics-probability
In progress:
XAMK: Video Game Creation certificate (8/13 courses completed)
Metropolia: Multiple Courses (In Progress: IT Services Sales and Marketing)

Completed:
Sophia: 62 credits
i-to-i: 180-hour TEFL certificate (DEAC- accredited)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Personherebb9's post:
  • Indy73
Math courses can cause major problems for some people which is why it's better to transfer them to college if you can. Calculus for some takes 4 months there at WGU. 

Looking at student reports, they say you need to take the PA, then Google everything you don't know.  Retake the PA again until you pass.
You can use WGU's tutor or pay for one as a last resort. Khan Academy is free.

The final OA should be similar to the PA.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
You can read the material for Sophia's Stats courses for free, without an active account, if you choose to download the PDF.

I would suggest giving ALEKS a try for tutoring. It's $20/mo. or $50 for 3 months. https://www.aleks.com/buy_aleks_now ALEKS is really good at figuring out what you don't know and teaching you only that. Khan Academy is good, but you have to figure out what you don't know and try to find what you need.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-20-2022, 08:05 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would suggest giving ALEKS a try for tutoring. It's $20/mo. or $50 for 3 months. https://www.aleks.com/buy_aleks_now ALEKS is really good at figuring out what you don't know and teaching you only that. Khan Academy is good, but you have to figure out what you don't know and try to find what you need.

For once, I'm agreeing on ALEKS over another option.  With ALEKS, you'll be spending the majority of your time, after taking the initial Knowledge Check, on the things you don't already know.  You also get a "pie" that shows the different types of problems, so if you know you're struggling in a particular area, you can focus on that.  They also have LOTS of practice problems.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Math - College Algebra & Statistics Marsbar 11 970 12-21-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Marsbar
  WGU-Applied Probability and Statistics Mitmike2019 4 1,650 02-18-2021, 01:26 PM
Last Post: dfrecore