Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU degree plan
Hello Halloweenbday! Haha, a few people here have the same birthday as you, one of our moderators actually do as well... Anyways, it seems you've applied to a few schools recently, it's best to get an academic evaluation from each of them so you know where you stand.  I briefly reviewed your previous thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...lan-please

Just skimming through both that previous thread and this one, I think you'll be a good candidate for the UMPI BAS instead of the BLS as you have technical credits, having a BAS ladders your AAS better.  You can also try applying to Excelsior and see how your credits land as well, both Excelsior and UMPI have free applications, do them quickly as you want to review your evaluations and see which one you prefer.

Last but not least, if you already have an evaluation from the institutions you have applied to including TESU, you want to link us to that evaluation.  Save a PDF or screenshot without your personal info and store it on your google drive or one drive, post that link as a reply and set it to viewable (not editable) so we can comment on it and provide extra advice.  If you can add anything more to your reply, the better since you didn't complete the template/last post addendum from here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I can second (or third) the advice to choose alt credit over PLA. I did a lot of PLA because when I went to TESU, there weren't alt credit choices for most of the CS AOS. Doing an online course, especially one that is mostly multiple choice tests, is MUCH easier than writing a portfolio for TESU. Add on having to take (and pay for) the PLA courses and it becomes even less attractive.

There's a link in my signature to a thread about people's experience with PLA if you still want to know more.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • halloweenbday

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 585 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,158 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,899 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 200 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 193 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,105 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 185 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,291 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM