Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab?
Hello my friends! I am wondering if anyone know of any online school that offers General Bio 1&2, General Chem 1&2, Gen Phys 1&2 & Org Phys 1&2 all with lab, online and preferably cheap(I am poor and they can't be tested out I need the grades for the Master's I am considering :p )? EC doesn't have them, Tesc only has the first 3 and without the lab portion which makes them useless. The local community college doesn't have it, the state school doesn't have it, only one I found was from a local private school that has some science classes online with lab but I am not sure if they are related in any way except for 2 I think.

This are the classes in science that the school has online;
•SC101 Anatomy and Physiology I (Lab Science)
•SC102 Anatomy and Physiology II (Lab Science)
•SC103 General Biology (Lab Science) <- This would one I think matches what I am looking for in Gen Bio 1
•SC110 Nutrition
•SC113 Principles of Chemistry (Lab Science)<- This would one I think matches what I am looking for in Gen Chem 1
•SC121 Human Reproductive Biology
•SC123 Health Concepts and Applications
•SC125 Human Physiology
•SC129 Human Biology (Lab Science)
•SC130 Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (Non-Lab Course)
•SC131 Environmental Science
•SC135 Introduction to Astronomy
•SC141 Introduction to the Study of Disease
•SC154 Energy and the Environment
•SC213 Microbiology (Lab Science)
•SC220 Essentials of Pharmacology
•SC221 Introduction to Pharmacology

So basically only those 2 out of 8 I need. And I would prefer to do the sets in the same institution, like Gen Bio 1&2 in the same school even if I did Org Phys 1&2 at another. But I'll take what I can get and any help will be greatly appreciated.
[SIZE="1"]Total Credits so Far:53/120
--------------------------------
B&M Credits:15
FEMA Credits:23
CLEP Credits So Far:12
Intro Psychology 68, Intro Sociology 66, Info Sys & Comp Apps 60, Princ. of Marketing 75
DSST Credits So Far:
Astronomy 60,
CLEP & DSST to Come:
American Government, Princ. of Management, Humanities, Intro Business Law, Princ. of Macro and Micro Economics, Princ. of Accounting, History of the United States I & II
Criminal Justice, Ethics in America, Here’s to Your Health, Introduction to Computing, Intro to World Religions, Management Information Systems, Personal Finance, Principles of Statistics, Substance Abuse
[/SIZE]
Community College of Denver: Online Courses with Labs
Univ of Maryland

Class Schedules and Catalogs - University of Maryland University College - UMUC
tmporter68 Wrote:Univ of Maryland

I was going to say UMUC also. Not really cheap though. UMUC is my school, I clep'd Bio and then took the Bio 102 class which is the one credit lab.
Late Nite Labs provides online lab services and has a list of schools that use their site.
I did not check fees but you can find the schools here:
Late Nite Labs : Laboratory Simulations for Science Education

Here is another link:Distance Learning - Chemistry Distance Education - Online Chemistry Courses with ChemLab
kbauer Wrote:Late Nite Labs provides online lab services and has a list of schools that use their site.

Here is another link:Distance Learning - Chemistry Distance Education - Online Chemistry Courses with ChemLab
Do the schools use these labs for lab prep, or do they substitute the online labs for actual wet labs?
EC - BSLS Finally done!
Went from 86 to 120 credits in six weeks thanks to IC and the forum.
Currently doing MBA pre-reqs.
Now BSLS + 9 credits
What state are you in? Have you checked all of the community colleges in your state? It doesn't matter where the school is located since the classes would be online. The main purpose though is to pay the cheaper in-state fees.
retake Wrote:Community College of Denver: Online Courses with Labs

tmporter68 Wrote:Univ of Maryland

Thanks a lot, I'll be Checking those two right away.

norema Wrote:What state are you in? Have you checked all of the community colleges in your state? It doesn't matter where the school is located since the classes would be online. The main purpose though is to pay the cheaper in-state fees.

I live in Massachusetts, I did check quite a few local schools to be sure some other didn't have it locally. But I had no luck in finding any "yet". The only other school I was able to find was Oregon State University, it seems ok in quality and they even have online labs, but they charge through the nose for them, they use quarter hour system and the classes would come out to 15 quarter hours for the whole of only General biology at 208 bucks a credit it's 3,120 which I found to be anything but cheap.
Intro Psychology 68, Intro Sociology 66, Info Sys & Comp Apps 60, Princ. of Marketing 75
DSST Credits So Far:
Astronomy 60,
CLEP & DSST to Come:
American Government, Princ. of Management, Humanities, Intro Business Law, Princ. of Macro and Micro Economics, Princ. of Accounting, History of the United States I & II
Criminal Justice, Ethics in America, Here’s to Your Health, Introduction to Computing, Intro to World Religions, Management Information Systems, Personal Finance, Principles of Statistics, Substance Abuse
[/SIZE]
kbauer Wrote:Late Nite Labs provides online lab services and has a list of schools that use their site.

The link web site say's that you can sign up for the Umass online class with lab...but on the umass web site you can online you can only sign up for the basic 3 credit class and not the lab portion... I guess it's a conflict of information on their web sites.
DSST Credits So Far:
Astronomy 60,
CLEP & DSST to Come:
[/SIZE]
Riverland Community College

https://webproc.mnscu.edu/registration/s...mpusid=307

Biology 1091 - 4 credits - lab.

Sorry, that's the only one I found.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 280 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,153 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 215 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,463 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 605 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,618 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 353 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,092 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 370 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 378 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests