Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc
OK I went ahead and did it. I don't really care for the hosting provider (wikia) but it's free and easy to set up. Currently there are 24 pages on there. Anyone can edit. I don't like that either (would prefer only forum members can edit) but this is at least a start.

This is NOT a duplicate of the forums, nor is it designed to pull traffic away from the forums. In fact, I should have all "discussion" features completely disabled, and I intentionally structured it and wrote the pages so far in such a way that it should help DRIVE traffic to the forums. This is a way to take some of the "frequently asked questions" and surface them up out of the forums and make it more easily accessible to those who are just starting out. I remember when I started out last spring, spending a lot of time mining the forums for basic info on how all this stuff works. There is a LOT of good info here, but I think it would have been easier for me if I had a single place to go to that would kind of summarize the key concepts and give me a structure in which to think and operate, and then branch out into specific questions here.

Basically, this is to help answer common questions like "What are the Big 3?", "What is accreditation and why is it important?", "How do ACE, ALEKS, Straighterline, PF, etc all relate regarding the Big 3?" and the like.

Another way to think of it is, this is a free, community-managed "e-book" on how to follow this path. With plenty of pointers back to this forum to get people in.

I expect there are errors, so please correct them if you see them.

Link: Degree Forum Wiki

This is nowhere near finished. I don't have any info on there about costs (I leave that to those more knowledgeable than me) or about specific degree plans (ditto), and the info on study guides is minimal. I don't want to duplicate anything from the Specific Feedback forum so I tread lightly there, just general resources and the common math sites.

The main page has a "list of topics" and the main tab at the top has a list of all pages on the site. Currently the two lists are virtually identical but I expect they will diverge over time, with the "topics" list containing pointers to top-level topics mostly.

I would appreciate any and all feedback.

And remember, YOU CAN EDIT ANY PAGE, so don't wait for me to make a change. Just don't be surprised if/when I or someone else changes your change to make it better. That's the way wikis work. Smile
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dcan's post:
  • raye2

Messages In This Thread
Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc - by dcan - 12-19-2011, 01:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have any DegreeForum alumni went on to teach in Japan? leland.kirk 9 3,183 09-20-2018, 03:00 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,152 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,360 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,273 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,776 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,750 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,041 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,938 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd