Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I Could Do Over....
I did over a year of college before I went in the USAF (1982-1986), but not enough to qualify for early promotions. I sent away for a correspondence course from the University of Wisconsin called Intro Forestry, or something like that while I was in. When I was out-processing my permanent duty station I had to check out from all of the offices/services on base. The Education person looked at my transcripts and finally asked me, "Why did you come in the Air Force as Enlisted." I had no answer for her at the time. When I got back to the states I went to the local "big college" and discovered the John Bear book. I have purchased many of his books over the years. The years went by and I did nothing. I was nearing 40; was about to find myself married for the ___ time, and I decided to do whatever it took to get a BA. I changed majors several times, I had long stretches of inactivity, I even rounded off my credits into an AA. When I started again I had additional requirements due to losing my original student date and I just kinda didn't do much for a while. So I got my first-ever sit down job and one of my co workers was (and still is) a lawyer. This is when I finally said I had to earn a BA/BS or else. I earned over 20 UL credits in three months time and waited to start my Capstone in Liberal Studies. I finally finished my BA in Liberal Arts and with Latin honors.

What did I learn? Hit it and hit it hard! If you had crappy parents, so what, get over it, get a study buddy, do whatever it takes to get your college degree done!!
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.

Messages In This Thread
If I Could Do Over.... - by dewisant - 04-15-2016, 02:40 AM
If I Could Do Over.... - by bjcheung77 - 04-15-2016, 03:42 AM
If I Could Do Over.... - by LaterBloomer - 04-15-2016, 01:01 PM
If I Could Do Over.... - by dewisant - 04-15-2016, 06:18 PM
If I Could Do Over.... - by Prloko - 04-18-2016, 08:56 AM