Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need guidance, combo traditional and tests possible?
Quote:Both COSC and TESU will accept Intermediate Algebra, just because one school will or won't accept a course doesn't mean that a different school will do the same. COSC will also take Beginning Algebra as an elective, while TESU won't at all. Every school is different this way.

Ah ok, hmmm, I'll think about sending COSC my transcripts as they are and see what they do with my math.

Quote:going to search the forums to find out if Coursera courses qualify for any credits LOL. No Coursera courses are ACE- or NCCRS-recommended at this time, so they won't count for credit.

I did enroll myself and my 2 hs seniors in ALEKS tonight - just be ok with your kids not getting credit at traditional schools for these courses. They are ACE-recommended, so some schools will accept them, but most won't. That's ok though - they're cheap!

Yes, I'm ok with the ACE "credits" for now. I know our local college where we plan to retire is on the ACE list, I just don't know if they accept everything or just some things. (Glad I signed up for the free Coursera then!)

Quote:I'm scared of CLEP/DSSTs where there is no book, right? Are they multiple choice at least? Yes! Haha, those scare me to death, for any subject! These should not scare you, some of the exams are pretty easy. BUT, if you don't want to test out, that's ok. There are plenty of other ways to get the credits (SL, Study.com, Shmoop, Saylor, etc.).

I'll see how I feel about them after this Coursera course, if I feel more confident. I DO have "easy access" to a test center for CLEP/DSST, its hours just stink for my schedule. Would be a bit easier for a test I didn't have to take during a specific window of time, though.

Quote:I figured most don't take classes at those 3 schools unless absolutely necessary. Most don't because it's expensive. But some do - depending on financial aid and other things. After talking to COSC today, before I do anything with them, I want to at least get the ALEKS Algebra on my ACE transcript. I've already requested the transcript for the Institutes Ethics class. Not sure what you mean by this - did you actually order the ACE transcript to be sent to COSC? Or for the course to be added to your ACE transcript? You have to pay for each ACE transcript to be sent, so I would wait until you get some courses on it before sending.

Sorry, requested for it to be added to ACE. I want to get a few courses on my ACE transcript before I send it anywhere.

Quote:Disappointed that the darn business speech from CTC doesn't seem to fit the speech requirement anywhere else. If you have a syllabus stating that this course is a speech class, then you can probably get it accepted at either school as speech. After you send the transcript and have it evaluated (and this is assuming that they don't put it as speech), then you can request that they review it, along with the syllabus you sent. TESU is fairly quick to review and make a decision. Hopefully they'll see it your way.

Oh, I will see about getting the syllabus!

Quote:Thanks for the complement, I always appreciate kind words Wink. I hear you, my comments were more toward making a case for keeping costs as low as possible, now that I know you have teens, that's REALLY a good reason LOL! I have teens too, and my grocery bill is astronomical ha ha.

Our grocery bill is crazy, but thankfully isn't as bad as when we had 4 teens in the house!

Messages In This Thread
Need guidance, combo traditional and tests possible? - by Catalytic - 09-17-2016, 10:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some guidance rfisher1977 0 716 04-21-2018, 10:54 PM
Last Post: rfisher1977
Big Grin TESU guidance needed please Tripletmom 8 1,925 03-08-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Math - Looking for Guidance Gloddy 4 1,276 12-25-2017, 02:09 AM
Last Post: bsimi
  AA or BA guidance cookderosa 4 1,678 09-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Tesu ba psychology course guidance needed please lovewins 8 2,508 07-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA CIS degree help/guidance! interocitor 2 1,063 05-29-2017, 01:05 PM
  Capstone registration guidance please :D Notgodot 4 1,356 05-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Synicaal
  Need a bit of guidance TESU BSBA in International Lagspeed 3 925 03-14-2017, 10:03 PM
  I need guidance, please help! vobrodrew 6 1,174 12-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: vobrodrew
  TESU: Assistance and Guidance. Fortune212 13 1,612 11-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: ajs1976