Poll: Should the current quiz grade show up?
This poll is closed.
No it's not vital information
4.55%
1 4.55%
Yes this should be changed right away
95.45%
21 95.45%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed!
Study.com Wrote:Thank you for the feedback on displaying the exam quiz score more clearly on the site. We apologize for not better communicating the grading change before implementing it, and we understand it can be frustrating to work through a class and not have a clear breakdown of your grade. (Especially if you have failed a few quizzes more than 3 times.)

To eliminate confusion for users who were in the middle of a course, we have given all quizzes attempted before 1/10 a 100% participation grade.

To answer what happens when there are overlapping lessons in 2 different courses: Quiz attempts are not "reset" when you take a new course that contains a lesson you've already completed in your studies. That means if you receive a 100% in your first completion of the lesson you will have that 100% when you take another course with that same lesson.

Anyone who has attempted a quiz before 1/10/2017 has it counted as 100% towards their final grade. So ndelcollo, you will receive a 100% participation grade on all quizzes you had in question regardless of how many times you took it.

To address the concerns you have expressed, we are currently working on a solution to display all of this information (quiz attempts, best quiz score, course breakdown) along with new features we are really excited such as placement tests.

In the meantime, we are happy to answer any questions specific to your situation. If you contact our support team we will be able to tell you your participation grade and the grade you will need on your final exam to pass. We will let you know when we add the front end to display your number of quiz attempts and best score!

-The Study.com Team

I contacted the support team today to find out how many points out of the possible 50 I had toward my quiz grade. They said I have about 70% of that 50. I don't really think this makes much sense because I kept track as I went through the course and I know for a fact that I only got less than 100% on 4 quizzes and on all of those 4 I got 80% on the third try. So out of 114 quizzes I had 110 at 100% and 4 at 80% and that equals 70% total? The customer support rep said that I can send a support ticket and registrar will review it but I don't really want to wait for that as I was going to take it today. The customer support rep was really nice, he said he doesn't have the power to change anything and I'm sure he doesn't. I kind of feel bad giving study.com so much grief over this because I know the employees that are answering our questions probably didn't make these decisions and can't make a lot of bigger decisions to change it. The decisions were probably made by 5 of the top people in upper management and now the customer service reps jobs just got way harder.

So anyways, I'm even more frustrated. I want to stop complaining but I've invested a lot of time into these courses and I don't really want to switch now. I'm trying to be polite to the customer service reps because they can't do much but it doesn't seem like we are getting much help from whoever can make decisions.

The rep did say that I can go ahead and take my test and if I get under a 70 then I can send in the support ticket. I'm kind of afraid to do that but I might so that I don't have to wait.

Messages In This Thread
Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed! - by gremlinbrawler - 01-18-2017, 02:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,279 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,470 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 680 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM