Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input!
Provider: Study.com
Course: Bus 311 Project Management
Course content: 14 chapters with video presentation. The last chapter consists of flashcards to assist in the final exam. Each chapter has a number of lessons that require a Quiz. You should be passing each quiz with a 100% score (fairly easy to do if you open two screens and review your answers). No other material is required. I would have preferred having one instructor (on video) for the entire course, instead of the numerous instructions for each lesson; it results in an inconsistent flow of the material. 
Final exam format: The final score is dependent on 3 factors: Quiz scores, Assignment project(PowerPoint presentation) and Final exam. Each of these 3 factors is scored out of 100 points. Therefore, the highest score you can attain in the course is 300. I scored 100% on the quizzes, 77% on my Assignment project and 82% on my final exam, resulting in a Course Grade of 86%. The final exam consists of 100 questions. 
Final exam content vs course content/practice exams: My suggestion, after completing the lessons and quizzes, is to review the flashcards first. Then, take the Practice Final exam at least 3 or 4 times to get a sense of the questions. If you start scoring decently on the Practice Final exams, then you can take the Final exam. Your passing grade, on the final exam, will be determined by your grades in the quizzes (you should have 100% here) and the Assignment project. 
Time taken on course: It took me 2 months to complete because I left the course for about 3 weeks. I took too long to study for the final exam. I should have taken it sooner. 
Familiarity with subject before course: I was familiar with many of the topics in the course, having dealt with numerous projects in the past. 
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know:
  1. Quiz: As suggested above, aim to get 100% on the quizzes (fairly easy)
  2. Assignment Project: Try to make an eye-popping design for your PowerPoint presentation (10-15 slides). Use the "Design" templates, in PowerPoint, to get good coloring. For your project, try to spend some time making an outline of your presentation. Then, ensure the slides flow based on your outline and are somewhat chronologically ordered with your project timeline. You should try to include the following in your presentation: pie chart for budget, Gantt chart for the timeline of your project, risk matrix for Risk Management plan. Include some quality assurance items and close the presentation with some good questions and answers. 
  3. Final exam: study for the final exam using the flashcards and the Practice final exams. The course will provide your passing grade based on the scores from your other quizzes and Assignment project. Remember, the final exam is 1/3 of your final grade. 
1-10 Difficulty level: 6

Messages In This Thread
Bus 311 Project Mgmt - Study.com - by khwaja1924 - 01-26-2022, 05:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 3 56 11 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,401 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 964 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 704 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 528 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 180 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,425 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,615 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 759 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,180 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux