Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWB - Overwhelmed looking for help
I've been perusing the site for some time but I could really use some direction / help. 

I'm a user interface designer and I've been in the field for over 20 years and have been very successful even with a lack of a degree but if I were to lose my job I would be in big trouble not having a Bachelors - even with an in -demand skillset. I have an old Associates Degree from the Art Institute (before they were regionally accredited so no transfers allowed). I have applied to TESU and Excelsior and both accepted me. I need to be able to tick that box. I had an interview Friday and the conversation went fantastic until I had to explain my degree situation. I could tell by the tone that it was over. With that being said, this is something I must do. I have decided on TESU but want to test out the maximum before registering. 

I'm having difficulty on deciding on a degree path. I'm terrible at Math and know that is going to be a major hurdle for me so I want the least amount of Math possible. I did read something about a General Studies path??? But can't recall exactly what it is. I really do need this to go as fast and easy as possible as my workload at my job is heavy. 

I would also like input from some folks that work full-time and have long commutes. I work 9-6 and that's fairly consistent but my commute is 1 hr each way by train. I'm hoping I would be able to study during that commute time. 

I'm not even sure if this is realistic. I also wanted to get info on the best resources to past the test. I really don't want to read a 600 page book if possible. Flash cards, videos etc would be great as I'm an auditory learner. 

Something I forgot. What is better or is the information about the same between this forum and "degree info"? I'm really liking this but wanted to ask.

Any thoughts on a plan, direction or any helpful feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
NEWB - Overwhelmed looking for help - by HAYDENTREE77 - 10-29-2017, 08:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  newb here with some questions you havent answered 100 times! Ericmcdonald 18 3,880 06-26-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post: dcan
  Overwhelmed! Where should I start? Degreegirl1 12 1,779 10-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Oh my garsh overwhelmed with what to do for my kids for each of their degrees?- HELP geissingert 47 4,056 09-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Photog
  General newb questions thill 6 875 04-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  I am a bit overwhelmed and could use some help forming a degree plan pokesql 2 698 03-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Gaz
  New to this and overwhelmed.. susitna1 3 834 02-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Last Post: merolpn