Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Analyzing and Interp Lit Essay ???
(07-24-2018, 12:33 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I believe that Liberty University requires the essay, but like Dfrecore, I've only heard of one person taking it.    The thing about THAT essay, is that it will be graded by your college/university.  So..... that makes it kinda tricky.  When College Board is the grader, they have to be pretty black and white with the rubric, but your college's grader might be a lit teacher who isn't particularly excited about ANYONE trying to skip his class... just sayin.  

Here is the official College Board info:  "An optional essay section can be taken in addition to the multiple-choice test. The essay section requires that two essays be written during a total time of 90 minutes. For the first essay, candidates are asked to analyze a short poem. For the second essay, candidates are asked to apply a generalization about literature (such as the function of a theme or a technique) to a novel, short story, or play that they have read.
Candidates are expected to write well-organized essays in clear and precise prose. The essay section is scored by faculty at the institution that requests it and is still administered in paper-and-pencil format. There is an additional fee for taking this section, payable to the institution that administers the exam."

My go-to for all things written is OWL.  I'd suggest starting there.  

PS Are you attending Liberty?

Hi! Just two quick questions! 
Are the actual lit test score and essay score separate or together? And, is it possible for your university to accept the actual lit test but not the essay?

Messages In This Thread
Analyzing and Interp Lit Essay ??? - by edbrain - 07-20-2018, 08:55 AM
Analyzing and Interp Lit Essay ??? - by kietro - 07-22-2018, 01:05 AM
RE: Analyzing and Interp Lit Essay ??? - by BreWoodsy - 11-05-2019, 12:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Practice exams ??? - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature bostonboy1000 5 1,481 07-04-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: P226mem
  CLEP ENGLISH COMPOSITION WITH ESSAY - IS THIS SAME WITH ENGLISH COMPOSITION MODULAR Zeds 3 1,107 02-25-2021, 02:18 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Did you take College Composition w/ essay? green 15 3,602 08-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: meiz2020