Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doane MBA pathways
(01-02-2019, 01:56 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 09:33 PM)cardiacclep Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 08:16 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: What's really interesting is they are the third school accepting the MITx Data Economics and Development Policy Micromasters towards a degree. I knew MIT & Harvard Extension both accept it. The same is true for the Supply Chain Management Micromasters apparently. Great to see so many options! It's tempting for me to try doing another masters with these after I finish the MBA at Walden.

What is great is that "alternative" credit AND affordable options are now gaining credibility. I really hope this is a swing to where getting a degree becomes extremely affordable. It is/will a great advancement for society when getting an education does not leave one in financial despair. I think (hope) this trend will continue. No reason why an online education should be leave people with massive debt. Just too many great ways to scale and utilize technology now.

You can get a degree without any debt at all if you're wise.  I've worked with many high school students who have worked their way through college, living at home, and didn't have a single penny of debt from it.  4 years at the local state school is still affordable, if you're willing to give up the "college experience" of beer pong, missing class, sleeping til noon, and whatever else that constitutes the "experience."  I know kids who have gone to 2 years at a CC and then 2 years at an expensive private school who also pulled this off - again, with working, commuting, and scholarships. It really is possible to work your way through school, on not a ton more than minimum wage, as long as you're willing to work extra during your summers and breaks.  Very, very possible.

Exactly this. There are legitimate financial issues with education but there is still smart ways to not fall prey to the system. The proverbial art history degree for six figures comes to mind to most. I think (hope) technology will be set things straight. The trends and advances in blended learning can only decrease cost finally. I really can't see the newest generation of students raised on Iphones and Ipads really being into the old MW or TTh lecture style courses. On demand education is just to attractive for most educational needs outside of hands on engineering and similar courses. But there is no reason gen ed courses cannot be made extremely affordable and accelerated with technology at this point.

Messages In This Thread
Doane MBA pathways - by cardiacclep - 01-01-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: Doane MBA pathways - by SweetSecret - 01-01-2019, 08:16 PM
RE: Doane MBA pathways - by cardiacclep - 01-01-2019, 09:33 PM
RE: Doane MBA pathways - by dfrecore - 01-02-2019, 01:56 AM
RE: Doane MBA pathways - by cardiacclep - 01-06-2019, 01:10 AM