Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how attitudes impact our educational goals
(02-05-2019, 10:28 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 09:38 AM)rvm Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 08:38 PM)jsd Wrote: Wow, I'm a long-timer now Big Grin

I have been posting much less because I've started my grad studies. I still try to chime in when I think it's helpful, but I don't read every new post immediately like I used to

Aside from starting at Georgia tech, I'm also in a job role that has more responsibilities now and much less free time to browse the internet -- which is mostly a good thing Smile

I also agree with what dfrecore said -- We've been answering the same questions asked in different ways for a while now. That's to be expected, new members pop up all the time and we can't expect them to read everything on the forum before asking a question. But I answer those questions less so than I used to, but thankfully there are other newer folks (and some patienter long time folks) that are still there to help out.

I try to stay out of the political talks for the most part, but I definitely get sucked in from time to time. It's a very fruitless endeavor on this form, and I'm happy that I've apparently been missing these posts lately.

My apologies for mixing up the letters of your forum ID.  Congratulations on pursual of your GT degree.  Glad you're still here!

Those political posts are fruitless.  From my perspective, it seemed like that was what was driving away the folks with the knowledge-base.  I wish folks on this forum would not bring politics to the table as there are an endless number of venues to express any viewpoint.  No matter which side we stand on, we all have something to contribute to a better educational experience.  Isn't that the reason we're all here?

I'm pretty lost at this point - no idea what you're talking about.  The reason some people leave is because they've gotten their degrees, have other stuff going on, etc.  I'm almost positive they're not "driven away" by any particular posts.  They might be driven away by someone complaining about the forum though!  The political stuff is almost entirely relegated to the Off Topic Area, which you could simply avoid by not going to that section.  I only go there when I'm feeling a little feisty!

@dfrecore,  I don't think anyone in this thread has complained about anyone or anything.  I thought we were having a respectful discussion.   It does seem to have gone in the woods so it's a good time to end it.
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how attitudes impact our educational goals - by rvm - 02-05-2019, 11:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked A ‘once in a generation’ winter storm will impact nearly every state! LevelUP 8 1,111 12-28-2022, 01:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Does Global name impact? NewatTESU 7 1,292 09-19-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COVID-19 Updated Impact Tracker on U.S. Universities PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 0 1,221 05-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Goals for 2019 natshar 17 2,882 01-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Last Post: jsd
  The Online STEM Classroom--Who Succeeds? An Exploration of the Impact of Ethnicity, G Mamasaphire 3 946 11-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel
  A Disturbing Truth About the History of Our Educational System - Video Saharapost 2 1,224 10-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  What are your educational goals for 2014? soliloquy 30 2,764 07-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  What happened to all of the educational channels? sanantone 21 2,738 08-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  Introduction and Goals duocdx 2 1,474 02-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Last Post: duocdx