Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden MBAs Discussion & Accountability
(03-02-2019, 12:59 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: I know someone here, who I have a ton of respect for, dropped out of the program. Given the person's educational track record with various programs/schools, I would love to know that person's thoughts/opinions of Walden & what lead to the drop-out. I think, at least from a graduate school level, it would give more insight about what needs to be changed in the program.

You know what? I'm tapping out too. Not just this second. But the material is just so ODIOUSLY boring and the assessment assignments and rubric just so abysmally micro-specific and detailed that there is absolutely no way I'm going to see this through to any kind of conclusion.

Even if you could complete an MBA in two terms at very low cost.... for my purposes, I'm not sure a for-profit Walden MBA with the school's very poor reputation and bad PR baggage would do anything but hurt my resume, to be honest. 

And even if completing the whole thing was doable in a single term for free, I'm not willing to put this much work into something that has very little real-world value. If I needed it as a box-checker for promotion/raise at my existing job.... MAYBE. That's not to disparage anyone else who has a Walden degree. If it helps get you where you're going, I salute you. But I can just foresee this program will not get me personally much of anywhere. So not only is it not worth the money. I don't feel it's worth my time/work. 

I'm going to peck away at passing a few more courses, print out a transcript to impress my boss, and maybe bank up a handful of credits that might transfer into say.... I dunno a Perdue Global MBA if I wanted to pick it back up and persue a better-branded MBA (with Perdue alumni association!) down the road. But I'm not going to spend a heck of a whole lot of time on this. If I get a Master's, it's going to be in something interesting and engaging. 

As far as what needs to be changed in the program, if you want, I can copy/paste some rubric info and assessment instructions. There are only three courses in the entire program in which the assessment is an exam. The rest range from short-answer assessments (that aren't actually short at all) to big multi-part complex projects, and long boring detailed papers examining say ....ten points of leadership for each of three given fictional scenario and detailed recommendations on best-practices to improve idea nurturing within an organization (For each fictional organization.)  Each such assessment nets you .25, .5, .75 or one credit. 

Essentially you have to put together 41 or so assessments like that.  Degree hacking my BSBA got me really spoiled on grinding through a course with quizzes, a final, and sometimes also a paper, and you could easily pass even if you mildly bomb any one of the three elements. This MBA program is such a CRAWL and a dull drag by comparison. It's just not for me. I'd rather write English papers at Harvard Extension for an ALM.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walden MBAs Discussion & Accountability - by ReyMysterioso - 03-07-2019, 03:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,064 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,346 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,447 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,429 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 936 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,137 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 919 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095
  Walden Tempo Criminal Justice/grad school redheadguy03 6 1,092 10-31-2022, 03:27 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  $3000 Grant MBA for Walden Tempo SweetSecret 8 1,178 08-06-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Vle045
Question Walden Tempo MHRM AnnaAK 3 929 03-10-2022, 12:18 PM