Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice for Natural Sciences degree plan
TESU and Excelsior should be fine. TESU has a BA in Biology, and Excelsior has a BS in Natural Science with a concentration in Biology and without a concentration. COSC's BS in General Studies with a concentration in Biology might work. The title might throw people off, but the curriculum is more traditional and demanding than Excelsior's program.

Logan University is a good place to earn transfer credits, but they're not all that flexible with accepting transfer credits. I think I have almost 300 credits now, and Logan told me that only about 54 would apply to the degree. On the other hand, I would only need to complete about 30 credits at COSC and Excelsior.

I did get into a medical microbiology and a medical sciences program without having a bachelor's degree in a science, so I am sure that a science degree from one of the Big 3 will work as long as he has the physical science prerequisites. I wouldn't really recommend TESU's BA in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Natural Science, but it might allow for some more flexibility.

Too bad COSC no longer offers its physics concentration. Biology is not related to what he wants to get his master's in. COSC has a concentration in chemistry that would be a tad more related since it's a physical science. I think it might be best to do the natural science degree at Excelsior without the concentration and pile up on the physical science courses.

Self-paced is not an option unless he spends a lot more money on taking courses through University of New England, but they mostly offer lower level courses he already has. He will have to take courses that are offered in terms. At the masters level, there will absolutely not be any self-paced courses. He also wouldn't find that kind of masters at an online school. It will be a brick and mortar school with an online program.

American Military University is a good place to earn Earth science and environmental science courses to transfer to the Big 3. They're not a good place to earn a degree at, though, if he wants to use a lot of ACE credits.

Do NOT attend Luna Community College. They're on probation, and their accreditation was almost revoked last year.

I just checked Luna's online offerings for Spring 2019, and they didn't have any science courses. Their online offerings were never good, so you aren't missing anything by avoiding them.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need advice for Natural Sciences degree plan - by sanantone - 04-17-2019, 12:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 563 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 257 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 590 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,677 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 563 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 494 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 279 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 838 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,224 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,804 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74