Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just received Excelsior Evaluation for New Student
Hello forum,

I just received the following evaluation for the BS in Marketing Degree offered by Excelsior College. I was hoping that someone more experienced in working with Excelsior could assist me in determining the quickest or most efficient way (i.e. classes, CLEP and other testing) to achieve my degree goals from my current evaluation of 56 credits transferred in. When I finish with Excelsior, I would like to have the following degrees completed:

1. Associate Degree in a Business Program (on the way to the BS)
2. BS in Business with a Marketing Concentration
3. Then potentially also complete a BS in Political Science Degree

Below is what my evaluation states that I still need to complete:

General Education Component
You need at least 22.00 credits in arts & sciences
- at least 6.00 credits in social sciences electives
- Macroeconomics
- Microeconomics
- Statistics

Information Literacy Requirement
There are several ways to satisfy the Information Literacy requirement. As the universe of information grows and technology continues to transform learning, information literacy (accessing academic information electronically, selecting credible resources, etc.) becomes increasingly important. You may demonstrate competency in this area by successfully completing the Excelsior College course "Information Literacy" (INL 102) or an approved course from the regionally accredited college of your choice. You must earn a minimum of one semester hour in Information Literacy with a grade of C or higher in order to complete the requirement. Please visit http://www.excelsior.edu and click on the Excelsior College courses link for information pertaining to INL 102.

II. Business Component
You need:
at least 19.00 more credits in business subjects to include:
- Introduction to Accounting I (Financial)
Please Note: ACCT*205 Acct Prin I will be reviewed upon enrollment for the Acct I requirement

- Introduction to Accounting II (Managerial)
- Business Law
- Managerial Finance or Financial Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Policy**
- 3.00 credits of advanced business electives
-15.00 credits in BMK subjects to include:
(of these, 9.00 credits must be at the advanced level)
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Market Research
- Approved Marketing Electives

**Please note that the Business Policy core requirement must be completed by taking Excelsior College's on-line course, Bus 495: Business Strategy.

Ethics Requirement
You have not yet satisfied the ethics requirement. Credits from your course or examination in ethics will be applied to the humanities (arts and sciences) or business electives, depending on title, number, level and content.

Organizational Behavior Requirement
You have not yet satisfied the organizational behavior requirement. Credit from your course or examination in organizational behavior will be applied to the social sciences (arts and sciences) or business electives, depending on title, number, level, and content.

_________

Thank you in advance for any advise you can provide...

Messages In This Thread
Just received Excelsior Evaluation for New Student - by CoreyH - 02-10-2008, 12:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies badooble 42 14,458 09-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,269 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,855 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,265 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 944 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,588 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,239 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM