Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At the finish line - switching from TESU to EC
Well I've finally reached the finish line. The last class I'll need to take.

I was planning to finish with TESU in BALS. I just finished three Study.com courses to cover the missing GE courses. ENG II and Am Government. Added Information Literacy just for kicks and finished all within 3 days.

So as I started reviewing the requirements for the TESU capstone it kind of stuck me that the BALS Capstone requires a 25 page paper. With my time constraints this was a pretty big commitment to me. I was also preparing for that $2200 residency waiver fee.

It got me thinking again about EC. So I started looking and realized I could finish either the BALA or a BSLA. The Capstone was much more broken up and I could do an 8 or 15 week session. The administrative fee for multi-source credits (aka residency) was about 1/2 that of TESU.

So I've pulled the trigger on the EC BSLA. Sent the remainder of my transcripts over for a new evaluation. At 152 credits and over 60 UL it should be a no brainer now.

Anyone have any experience with EC's updated Liberal Arts capstone? I don't see many posts on it here. The format based on the syllabus seems pretty ok.

EC BSLA, 2019 (in progess)
PMP, 2010

CCAF AAS, 2003
EXAMS: CLEP/DSST - Analysis and Inter of Lit, Management Information Systems, Social Sciences and History, College Math, Humanities, Ethics in America, Intro to Computing, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Supervision, Into to Business
COURSES: EC Capstone, Study.com Eng II, Am Government, Info Lit
LA/IT COURSES: Bellevue Univ (24cr), UMUC(9cr), Catholic Univ (12cr), Washington State Univ (3cr), CCAF (54cr)

Western Governor's University (WGU)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Accepted/TBD
ENEB/Universidad Isabel I
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - 2023
- Master in Management and Team Management - 2023
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies - 2019
Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
- Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology - 2003

Multiple CLEP, DANTES, Saylor, Straighterline credits.

Professional Certifications
Project Management Professional (PMP)

Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
HelpDesk Institute Support Center Director (HDI-SCD)

[-] The following 1 user Likes spree610's post:
  • radconjohn

Messages In This Thread
At the finish line - switching from TESU to EC - by spree610 - 06-14-2019, 06:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior College #1 and TESU #4 best Business Administration & Management Degrees Life Long Learning 1 1,313 09-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77