Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurdles For Creating an ACE or NCCRS Course
So, very real question, do you think your user needs college credit for this subject, and if they do, will the kind of college this kind of user attend accept ACE or NCCRS credit?

In other words, if your audience is niche, it's unlikely that you'll find a large pool of potential students, not making it worth your time or money to go through the process.

My advice, is to develop a course using an existing platform like Thinkific, Udemy, etc. that allows you to charge tuition. The process is straightforward and an especially good experience if you've never done course development or taught courses before. This will allow you to test the waters, see how your students use the content, and if you can even find students. They'll evaluate you, provide feedback, etc. If it were me, I would survey THEM and find out if they'd be willing to pay X for a college-credit version of the course. If you're getting a resounding "yes" and tons of enrollments, then, find out which colleges your students were planning to attempt to use your credit. On your own you can check their ACE/NCCRS policies. If everything lines up, then it might be worth the cost. I wouldn't spend a dime without proving the concept.

I will give you a real world example, I have a FB following over 16,000 and a short course I offered for free for about 2 years. I think I had about 150 enrollments total.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hurdles For Creating an ACE or NCCRS Course - by cookderosa - 08-15-2019, 02:23 PM