Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing ODC/SDC to Homeless Organization
So I've recently been thinking about introducing these programs to the Los Angeles LGBT Center. They have about 100 micro-units that house homeless youth & another 100 units that will house homeless seniors, the campus also contains an education department that offers a free online high school diploma program & helps out with finding college scholarships. Since ODC/SDC are so quick, easy to comprehend, & affordable I think they would be a great fit for these temporarily housed individuals who are searching for an opportunity for a better life. I would love for them to add this ODC/SDC program plan to their educational offerings beyond the free high school diploma. If I get a nod from the center for this idea I would want to start a fundraiser & personally donate designated funds for a purpose that I haven't chosen yet - either to purchase 2 SDC courses (Ethics & English 1) for each student or buy tablets (Amazon Fire) that can be rented out from their technology lab to study. The plan would be for an Excelsior AS in Liberal Arts, since it has the most flexibility & doesn't require any writing course beyond English 1 - TESU's AA requires 3 writing courses, which generally speaking requires more time and/or comprehension/writing skills. Students would just need to complete 1 humanities course - using CLEP or other free/cheap sources & a free online info literacy course that's offered at multiple California CCs. I don't really know how to go about starting to speak to a coordinator at the center about this but if anyone has any experience or resources that would help in my venture or even personal input on my idea it would be very appreciated - Thanks!
BABA, New England College, 2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes harrypotter's post:
  • jsd

Messages In This Thread
Introducing ODC/SDC to Homeless Organization - by harrypotter - 11-19-2019, 11:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Rare Alliance, Democrats and Republicans Seek Legal Power to Clear Homeless Camps LevelUP 7 1,138 02-22-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: housecat
  Introducing the Icelandverse! hahaha! bjcheung77 0 521 11-20-2021, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Introducing StraighterLine Partner College Scholarships Saharapost 3 1,240 04-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  Introducing........... cookderosa 41 4,276 03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: keithk
  Just introducing myself twitterflix 15 3,745 05-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Matymus