Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing ODC/SDC to Homeless Organization
(11-30-2019, 03:05 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: I have been meaning to respond here, but have been really busy. Thank you Cookderosa for pointing the thread out to me!

OP, check with the colleges. As Cookderosa mentioned, I am in the midst of doing something similar. One of the things I discovered is the state where I am at has a specific employee who is in charge of coordinating dual credit enrollment between high schools and colleges. So many people want to get their GEDs these days rather than HS diploma, but I am trying to encourage people to stick it out with HS because they can get free college classes through the state if they are still in HS. I believe they are allowed to take two college courses per term but they have to be lower level courses. In this scenario the state pays for the courses and the HS covers the textbooks but students have to cover any lab fees or additional costs. Also, be sure to check with ODC/SDC to find out what their requirements are. I was trying to help someone sign up with Modern States to make use of the free CLEP vouchers but they would not let her because she did not yet have a HS diploma or GED. For her, what we figured out is that it's going to be best to enroll her in an online HS and then use the dual credit for her to earn college credits.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the helpful tips!
BABA, New England College, 2019

Messages In This Thread
Introducing ODC/SDC to Homeless Organization - by harrypotter - 11-30-2019, 02:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Rare Alliance, Democrats and Republicans Seek Legal Power to Clear Homeless Camps LevelUP 7 1,156 02-22-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: housecat
  Introducing the Icelandverse! hahaha! bjcheung77 0 522 11-20-2021, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Introducing StraighterLine Partner College Scholarships Saharapost 3 1,247 04-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  Introducing........... cookderosa 41 4,311 03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: keithk
  Just introducing myself twitterflix 15 3,776 05-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Matymus