Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on seminar graduate course
In addition to what has already been said, it really all depends on which seminar course you're going to take from MSU. Each of the seminar courses essentially is a "critical evaluation and analysis of theory, research and practice". As per their site, here are the courses you can select from and need to complete the degree. Link: https://mba.missouristate.edu/Courses.htm

In short, my description of a seminar course is similar - it's an interdisciplinary course that students need to demonstrate critical thinking, collaborate with fellow peers, and display or build their research skills. In the case of MSU, they're AACSB, but their MBA doesn't seem to have a capstone/thesis requirement, so I would assume this Seminar is going to be similar to a capstone/thesis.

So, my question to you is, which seminar "or concentration" in the MBA are you choosing? I ask because, it determines your elective courses you need to take. You need 24 required credits, 3 credits seminar, 6 credits electives. I'll explain below...

What interests me the most in this program is the ability/option for a GOB Graduate Certificate en route to the MBA for FREE! It even shows in the program requirements page, Link: https://mba.missouristate.edu/ProgramRequirements.htm

There is a flaw to their wording, as they mentioned "most GOB certs do not require additional coursework" but I was only able to find a select few, the majority in fact required more courses past the 33 credits required!!

The major one that interests me, is the Grad Cert in Computer Info Systems and the requirement is the ITC790 Seminar. Each cert requires 4 courses only, for this particular one, you can get it en route with everything including in the MBA required courses.
You just need to use the 6 elective courses to choose, two ITC requirements and you're done!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question on seminar graduate course - by bjcheung77 - 08-15-2020, 03:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 31 25,442 55 minutes ago
Last Post: ashkir
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 16,051 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,129 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,048 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,731 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,830 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 691 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,674 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,471 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  masters in UX design or human computer interaction - MOOC question Sara143 7 688 01-04-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Sara143