Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG, I need glasses! What would you do?
(10-09-2020, 06:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, having that extra coverage is great just in case "something" happens to the glasses.  My pairs of glasses has everything BUT transitions, as that's an extremely expensive add-on that I can't afford.  I rather keep a nice pair of sunglasses just for that.  For reading or computer use, I also have another pair... but for going out and driving, I have issues seeing further.

I used to keep a pair of prescription sunglasses to go along with my regular glasses, but it was expensive and inconvenient to always have to carry multiple pairs of glasses. Once transitions came out I jumped at that since it is cheaper than a second pair of glasses and is so convenient. Plus, from what I am told, they are blue-blocking by nature, so you can also use them as computer glasses.

So I generally have transitions on all my lenses these days. I only have to worry about a single pair of glasses, which I generally only replace every 5 years or so. So I find them to be pretty cost-effective if you look at that cost as offsetting the other costs. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Messages In This Thread
RE: OMG, I need glasses! What would you do? - by studyandpass5 - 09-30-2020, 02:17 PM
RE: OMG, I need glasses! What would you do? - by Merlin - 10-09-2020, 10:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Pair of Prescription Glasses! Add-ons available... bjcheung77 7 1,259 05-12-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Vle045