Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Wordpress Builder & Theme
I use NameCheap for domain name purchase and hosting. I bought their Shared Hosting and have multiple sites. I think it’s the Stellar package for $4.44/mo for the first year and 8.88/mo after that. Not bad for unlimited sites. A friend is using unmanaged VPS on HostWinds. He’s pretty picky about his servers and has been really pleased with them - their unmanaged is really cheap, if you feel comfortable with full responsibility of the server.

My NameCheap hosting has tons of other things beyond WP. I installed Moodle (free LMS) a couple months ago and have been playing around with it. I installed a plug-in to use woocommerce checkout on my WP site for Moodle classes. Still playing with that piece but it’s showing promise. The plug-in took some assistance from NameCheap to install some things on the OS side that I don’t have access to. It makes me a little nervous maintaining the Moodle server, since I’m pretty green with it right now. If I use it, I’ll definitely have a dev and test environment for patching, etc. just to make sure I don’t crash the thing while people are using it. They have a robust user community and a lot of plug-in options, though a plug-in hung up during install can cause you to be essentially locked out of the system. (Hence the need for test servers, and some experience in resolving issues, and doing manual installs/restores is useful). Moodle has a professional looking app that’s nice too, and it’s free for students. Many universities use Moodle, and some have put out plugins.

There were a couple of other LMS options in Softaculous that I haven’t looked at yet.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Messages In This Thread
Alternative Wordpress Builder & Theme - by alab21 - 10-11-2020, 10:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternative Math sanantone 1 909 02-21-2019, 01:06 AM
Last Post: bethanyneedsajob
  Alternative Education - Washington Post Article LaterBloomer 4 1,339 03-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Last Post: ryoder