Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
degree and school RECCS please
Hello to everyone!

I'm in need of help as I'm eager to begin studying for a Bachelor.
Although I've done plenty of research I keep thinking I might be missing a lot while everyone here is so well-informed and skilled in degree planning.. Degrees and Schools best suited for me is what I'm looking for so that I can finally start Degree planning, getting credits and taking courses to accelerate the process of undergraduating, and I'd be really grateful if someone could kindly give me personal reccs, based on the following:

I'm a 17 year-old high school student living in Italy so I feel like I ought to give a brief explaination of how the italian Higher Secondary education works. 

Well, first of all it lasts 5 years until the student is normally nineteen years old (I'm graduating in 2 years - summer 2023). At 13 years, students must make a choice about their education among multiple types of high schools, depending on their goals.

I'm attending a "Liceo Classico”, a high school "major" in humanities: it is possibly the only high school in the world where pupils study both Latin and Ancient Greek and it's internationally renowned for its advanced curricula in philosophy, literature and history.

Which brings me to my interests: other than the 3 previously named subjects, I really like everything regarding Film production, Cinema and Theatre, so of course my ULTIMATE dream is working in this field, specifically as a Screenwriter or a Director/PD or even as an Art director.

My plan is finishing a BA in max. 2/3 years so that by the time I'm 19/20 I'll have both that and my highschool diploma. 

If a specific school requires it for graduation, I'm willing to take summer on-campus classes or the whole last year on-campus ESPECIALLY if it's located in Massachusets or Québec or Paris as I can stay with my relatives from there when needed. But other than that it has to be online and <$10k.

The reasons why I'm going about things this way is because 1) I dislike how dragged out (among other things) the italian education is 2) Getting a BA at the early beginning of my adulthood will give me safety and the confidence I need to go after my big dreams without worrying about financial stability because 3) I'm the daughter of a single mom with two kids (I have a brother) and part of lower-middle class, so I obviously can't afford prestigious schools like Juilliard.

Degrees in Humanities (maybe General Studies with a concentration in History or something similar); I obviously appreciate History/Philosophy/Lit but frankly at this point I'm really just accostumed to them and the idea of building a career around them in the future doesn't particularly thrill me. On the other hand, although I've never even considered Criminal Justice till recently.. a CJ degree with a concentration in forensic psychology sounds pretty intriguing to me. I mean, at the end of the day I don't think any degree is actually needed in order to (one day) make/write movies, so I guess I can get creative with whatever BA degree I choose now really. Now, I'd obviously prefer if my BA degree had to do with  Multimedia or anything related to the Arts field but I know finding such programs with big Credits transferability isn't easy.

Fast facts on credits: I have none but I'm willing to take many CLEP and/or DSST exams because testing centers are luckily nearby for me and also many language exams because I know 5 languages other than English (Italian, Arabic, Korean, Latin, French), excluding Ancient Greek for obvious reasons.

Please understand that I'm unable to go straight after my film-making dreams now because neither can I afford it nor do I want to keep stuggling financially for long; my goal is being able to obtain a gratifying job first through a Bachelor (and, if required, a Master) and save money from there. Also FIY I'm not into IT, Business, and overall in fields I haven't mentioned.

Thank you for any help in advance, I know it's a hard request and I'm sorry for writing such a long post. However, having someone giving me good directions would be of great, great help.. I get often fed up with the amount of information and possibilities.

Have a good day and thank you for reading till this point if you have and for contribuiting to such a resourceful forum!!

Messages In This Thread
degree and school RECCS please - by enantiodromia - 09-05-2021, 07:39 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-05-2021, 09:46 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-07-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-07-2021, 03:01 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-07-2021, 05:19 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-07-2021, 08:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 154 Today, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 136 Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,717 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,551 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 212 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 623 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,075 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 252 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,207 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK