Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
degree and school RECCS please
(09-09-2021, 07:26 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: While others are the experts I am thinking that you will find Sophia to be very easy for you, you might be able to finish some of the courses in a couple days or few days rather than weeks.  Also, I have been reading the posts and asking questions on the XAMK free RA courses and I haven't seen anyone recommend those to you, I wonder if there is a reason this idea hasn't been suggested??
Really? You're right, since it's open-book, being able to go through each course in the matter of days is definitely do-able. However, I'm going to assume my HS gives me a hard time (which is honestly the norm), just for prevention reasons and therefore more steadiness. I've spent last year working as a Social and then Content Manager for an online eco-fashion magazine while partecipating in an international climate justice non-profit organization group, all while going to school, and I spent part of the previous year (2 years ago) doing Background work for an HBO TV show for 3 months, though I simply had to catch up with school once I went back so it was easier. I say this because I'm really excited I can finally put these newly acquired time management skills to use for such an important goal!
Also, did you say free RA? Wow thank you so much for mentioning that !! There isn't much anywhere about it yet, but it surely is a big treasure. Once I looked it up and went through the Syllabus of "Introduction to Video Games Creation" I immediately knew I had to get that certificate. I used to work with Blender and other similar 3D softwares to create Mod packs for The Sims 4. So I'm veery thankful you shared that !!
(09-10-2021, 03:33 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you start your 16 credit term in September, you'll be done in November (or December/January if you have to file a capstone extension). This will give you a graduation date in either March or June: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

(09-09-2021, 07:26 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: While others are the experts I am thinking that you will find Sophia to be very easy for you, you might be able to finish some of the courses in a couple days or few days rather than weeks.  Also, I have been reading the posts and asking questions on the XAMK free RA courses and I haven't seen anyone recommend those to you, I wonder if there is a reason this idea hasn't been suggested??

XAMK is mostly health/fitness and business classes. https://www.xamk.fi/en/openstudies/ This doesn't sound like what enantiodromia would want to take, though I could be mistaken. It would only be about $200 (foreign credit evaluation fee at ACEI) for as many courses as you can take at XAMK. But, with so many credits coming from the ACTFL exams, it's probably not necessary.
Thank you so much for all the helpful tips and guidance! I'm taking notes and bettering my degree plan in accordance. I've came up with multiple variations of that spreadsheet but I'll only post the last one because it seems to be the best one.. or the least wrong one.. I keep making multiple mistakes so I honestly apologize in advance to everyone once again.

The peculiar thing about this degree plan is that my only source of RA credits would be coming from XAMK, because not only is it saving me hundreds of € but also time spent studying subjects I'm nowhere as much interested in as much as I am in game-developing. Only thing that I forecast may cause an issue is the timing of the ACEI evaluation, which has to transcript at least 14 RA credits for me to be able to appy for the August Term at TESU. I've read somewhere here that 5 ECTS equal approx. 15 US CR at TESU and I've read on ACEI's website that the Standard Processing is 7-10 days, so I should be on time if I ask them for a transcript 3 weeks before the application date, right? If that's the case then is there still any mistake within my degree plan? I've added a couple courses on the AOS so that the credits would be coming from more sources and more of them would be UL, just in case.

(09-10-2021, 12:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Take your time to formulate your "plan".  The earliest you can graduate at TESU is AFTER your high school graduation and earliest to apply is after 18 years of age.  They require either a high school equivalent such as the GED or similar and, if you are required, an English language test, etc.  TESU https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student and https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/undergrad-admissions

So, as per my previous info.  Complete the high school courses as those are graded, these ACE/NCCRS credits are not, you just need 70% to pass the courses.  I would also try to shoot for 3 classes/month vs the two you have, as some of these are short and sweet, you can probably finish them on a weekend.  You need to invest in a second monitor for multi-tasking and for open book quizzes/exams for Sophia/TEEX courses.

In fact, the easiest way to get things done is to "double up/overlap" courses.  So, if you're taking some courses at your Italian school, take the same courses at Sophia or MS/CLEP.  You can take the exams after your course is done.  For example, if you're taking Intro to computers.  You can take the Sophia.org Intro to IT or the MS/CLEP exam at the same time for preview/review.
Yes, thank you so much for the tips! I'll take your advice and will certaintly give my best at my own school first. The HS diploma req. totally flew over my head, I'm so sorry. I'm not upset about it though, when I have my graduation isn't important but what is important to me is that I'd much rather enroll and work for the college credits prior my HS diploma, 'cause anything later will be an extremely hard time, even after all my HS finals...
Also, I'm not sure I'll be able to overlap courses as half of the topics we've already covered and the other we probably won't even ever mention, because most of our classes is deeply within the humanities field (which is why I chose this concentration in the first place) and because we tend to spend a very long time (some time months!) on each topic. But I'll try my best to use this time-saving method whenever I can as well as the second monitor which is also another useful time-saving method. I hadn't realized I could use Sophia.org to help me study for my school so thank you so much!

(09-10-2021, 04:52 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: RE:  XAMK, yes, that makes so much sense when she has the chance at all those language credits.  I noticed OP was going to take Latin at TEL and the XAMK Video Game Creation course(s) came to my mind as an option to earn the RA credit for about the same price (and possibly faster bc self-paced).  My study partner thinks those would be really fun to fill out a few extra courses (not sure how the free electives are working now with the new rules for L.A. but I think we have more leeway than we used to) and also get the RA credits.  OP is on a straighter track than we are, maybe we'll see her at the finish line Smile.
Can't thank you enough for recommending XAMK!! Although I understand I could take multiple ACTFL exams, OPIc Italian+LPT,RPT,WPT Italian is enough to help me meet most of my reqs for the AoS; therefore my only lacking would be in not having 14 RA CR and I think taking multiple TECEPS in a time crunch would be stressful and expensive.. So yes, other than me enjoying Videogame creation, this is another reason why I've decided to go for XAMK. Hopefully my new degree plan makes sense this time and I can proceede without having to revamp it too much again. I've basically filled out all the electives with XAMC credits (throwing in some sophia courses as well in case a single source isn't okay) and hopefully that is not a problem 'cause time-wise and price-wise I think it's very well-suited for me (if it works ugh!).

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU BALS Humanities 2.pdf (Size: 148.16 KB / Downloads: 12)
[-] The following 1 user Likes enantiodromia's post:
  • k-k-k-katy

Messages In This Thread
degree and school RECCS please - by enantiodromia - 09-05-2021, 07:39 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-05-2021, 09:46 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-07-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-07-2021, 03:01 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-07-2021, 05:19 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by dfrecore - 09-07-2021, 08:04 PM
RE: degree and school RECCS please - by enantiodromia - 09-10-2021, 09:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,209 Yesterday, 09:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 23 1,028 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 628 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 157 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 914 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 519 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMPI Psy Degree Help Priszilla 12 891 04-06-2024, 04:37 PM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 55 1,758 04-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: crowbird
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,270 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Path to MSW with no degree and 52! BELEEMA 11 431 04-03-2024, 10:30 PM