Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Western Civilization
Hey guys, I am entirely new here and will be entirely new to Straighterline as well. I am just wondering how much of a daunting task is Western Civilizations through Straighterline? Any advice for me before I begin taking it? I will be transferring it to ACE so I only need a 70% but that does not mean that a 70% is not difficult, or that I do not wish to do well.

Any information regarding the class is welcome!
I was wondering the same thing. I was also wondering how difficult Microeconomics is through straighterline
Western Civilization, finished in two days. Very very easy. Answers are right in the book. Can't be any more easier. Macro and Micro also finished on the weekend. Again, make sure you get the book. Working on Intro To Sociology right now, half way done and bought the course today. Gotta love Straighterline.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Kalawala Wrote:Hey guys, I am entirely new here and will be entirely new to Straighterline as well. I am just wondering how much of a daunting task is Western Civilizations through Straighterline? Any advice for me before I begin taking it? I will be transferring it to ACE so I only need a 70% but that does not mean that a 70% is not difficult, or that I do not wish to do well.

Any information regarding the class is welcome!

Are you already enrolled in the course? I would say that the CLEP test for Western Civ I & II are not that bad. And I think they would probably be cheaper or right about the same in cost. All I used was the REA book and the IC FlashCards to pass.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
CLEP101 Wrote:Are you already enrolled in the course? I would say that the CLEP test for Western Civ I & II are not that bad. And I think they would probably be cheaper or right about the same in cost. All I used was the REA book and the IC FlashCards to pass.

So CLEP101 do you think taking the Clep tests are a better choice than Straighterline? At my test center I end up paying about the same as a SL course. Seems like SL might have less stress since I can do at my own pace. I can look up this info, but do you recall how many exams in West. Civ? I've never done SL and I have about 30 Clep credits.
Personally I enjoy the straighterline courses with only 6 tests, they are extremely easy to fly through, the only one that I've found somewhat difficult is the Intro to Pharmacology, IMO the textbook was not very well put together for use with that course.
Ace_King Wrote:Western Civilization, finished in two days. Very very easy. Answers are right in the book. Can't be any more easier. Macro and Micro also finished on the weekend. Again, make sure you get the book. Working on Intro To Sociology right now, half way done and bought the course today. Gotta love Straighterline.

Ace King,

You are so right!! I am taking Western Civ w/o the book and it is wearing me out! I could not find a book under $40. Anyway that's my own fault! Will start Mic-Eco in two weeks. Smile
Western civilization wasnt too bad you just need the book finished in under a week.
Completed Western Governors University B.S Information Technology 9/14
[COLOR="#0000FF"]
Completed Thomas Edison State College A.A.S Computer Studies 6/13[/COLOR]
Hey guys, I am having a dilemma. I am currently taking the straighterline Western Civilization 2 course and I am having the most difficult time. I will be taking the midterm in the next day or so and was wondering if the questions are the same for the midterm that were on exam 1 and 2! Help Please!!
You might see a handful of repeat questions on the midterm from tests 1 & 2, by handful I mean 4-5 questions.

Western Civ. 2 was a killer course for me, I barely passed it.

I don't want to sound discouraging but study the best you can for this course, it doesn't get any easier. Sad
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 916 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 830 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 671 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,466 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,073 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 886 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Pennsylvania Western University Alpha 2 887 10-15-2021, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,664 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
Big Grin TESU Non Western History HELP tls7291 2 912 01-13-2021, 02:00 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,288 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk