Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Western Civilization
ldub72 Wrote:Ace King,

You are so right!! I am taking Western Civ w/o the book and it is wearing me out! I could not find a book under $40. Anyway that's my own fault! Will start Mic-Eco in two weeks. Smile

I did Western Civ without the book, and got a 62. Having learned my lesson, I took it a second time with the book in hand, and got a 92. Do it with the book always!
A.A. General Studies- TESC, 2013
B.A. History, TESC, 2014 - Arnold Fletcher Award - 4.0 GPA
M.A. Government, Security Studies - Johns Hopkins University, Class of 2018.

Straighterline - 26 courses, including English Comp. I & II, Western Civilization I & II, U.S. History I & II, Intro. to Sociology, Intro to Philosophy, Cultural Anthropology, Environmental Science, Science of Nutrition, Business Law, Financial Accounting, etc.

ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra

CLEP: Humanities 56, Social Sciences and History 58

FEMA: 6 credits

DSST: Civil War and Reconstruction 71, Introduction to Vietnam War 69, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 64, Modern Middle East 71.

TESC courses: War and American Society (A), Liberal Arts Capstone (A).

120/120! I'm there!

"Another day has passed and I didn't use Algebra once."
" Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
I just finished biology most which was open book. this made the tests infinitely easier. Are the tests open book on western civ open book too?
How did you finish Western Civ that fast? Do you watch videos or read the chapters?? I plan to buy the ebook.
My daughter completed the Western Civ very quickly and it was open book.
~Kelley

Clep's Passed :p
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="2"]Sociology (57)
Human Growth & Development (60)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
When I took it was all open book. I knocked out the course within a week. oops... didn't realize I posted the same comment a few months ago banghead
Completed Western Governors University B.S Information Technology 9/14
[COLOR="#0000FF"]
Completed Thomas Edison State College A.A.S Computer Studies 6/13[/COLOR]
Ace_King Wrote:Western Civilization, finished in two days. Very very easy. Answers are right in the book. Can't be any more easier. Macro and Micro also finished on the weekend. Again, make sure you get the book. Working on Intro To Sociology right now, half way done and bought the course today. Gotta love Straighterline.

Hi! I have the book - what are you doing to get through it in 2 days?! I have until tomorrow!
pricelece Wrote:Hi! I have the book - what are you doing to get through it in 2 days?! I have until tomorrow!

You read the chapters and take the tests.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
Need help. I just took Exam 1 (Chapters 1 - 4) for Western Civilization 1 after reading all chapters, listening to the online videos and taking the self test examinations. However, the actual Exam was not based on the "learning objectives" in the syllabus. The Exam required memorization of dates and definitions. Need recommendation on best way to approach these tests. Just need to pass with 70% to finally, at long last, get my undergraduate degree. HELP.

Thank you.
Don't waste your time watching the online videos. Read the chapters and you can do the little quizzes if you want. Also, don't worry about the syllabus except to know what to read and what chapters are on what exam. Do you have the ebook? This is really important for SL classes. Use the search function to find your answers quickly. For definitions, go straight to the glossary. Hope this helps some.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
Sqdance Wrote:The Exam required memorization of dates and definitions.

Sounds like you figured out what the exams focus on. I have not taken this course but I recommend you pay special attention to dates and definitions in your readings if that is what you found on the exam.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 913 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 663 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,454 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,071 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 877 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Pennsylvania Western University Alpha 2 885 10-15-2021, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,653 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
Big Grin TESU Non Western History HELP tls7291 2 909 01-13-2021, 02:00 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,284 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk