Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What grad school program are you in?
Member 'smf6824' proposed that we have a graduate school discussion area so we're going to try it out.

If you're currently enrolled in a grad school program, please share here.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
This is a cool idea! I'm glad you created this new forum. I'm not currently enrolled in grad school, but over the past few days I've been doing quite a bit of research on my options for master's degrees.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017
We can also probably migrate some of the latest Grad school threads, like the WGU and ENMU MBA programs, etc.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I graduated Thomas Edison in June 2014, which much credit to this forum. I attended the MS Computer Science Program at Georgia Tech this spring. Although I got an A in my first class I decided that the program wasn't the right fit for me. This summer I begin the MS Project Management at Missouri State, my home state university.
Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Management 06/2014
[-] The following 1 user Likes andrewtn's post:
  • camjenks
Great idea, creating a graduate program forum.

I just finished my MBA at Indiana University (on-campus, full-time) a couple of weeks ago. It was a fun two years and I'm glad I did it. I started off as a marketing major (in fact, that's why I chose IU) but I switched to finance because I was frustrated with marketing "culture". Now I'm stuck in a "what now" dilemma. Before, I intended to do the online MS Stats at Iowa State, but I found out that the course offerings are so sparse that it'd take way too long to finish the degree. I'm weighing my options right now, but intend to start an online MS Stats, MS Applied Econ or even a BA Applied Math program in the fall. If anyone has any experience with any of programs of that type, I'd like to hear about it.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

[-] The following 1 user Likes Yanji's post:
  • camjenks
Nice. Thanks for starting this section. I will have a thousand questions regarding graduate school and organizing stuff this way will facilitate the process. Thanks again.
I'm exactly a year out of my grad program through Canisius College (NY). I've also taken 2 semesters of grad school through Harvard University's extension school.
cookderosa Wrote:I'm exactly a year out of my grad program through Canisius College (NY). I've also taken 2 semesters of grad school through Harvard University's extension school.

Jennifer, what did you think of Harvard's extension school? What are you taking there?
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
ladylearner Wrote:Jennifer, what did you think of Harvard's extension school? What are you taking there?

I did it before enrolling in my master's program. I took a Newsworthy Topics in the Life Sciences with William Anderson, Abnormal Psychology with Shelley Carson, and Statistical Methods but had to drop the stats mid-semester. A+ excellent courses.

EDIT: I stopped because a masters in biology that contained no nutrition would be less useful than a masters in nutrition, however, now that they've started offering nutrition courses in OTHER sciences (physics, enviro, etc) I'm considering finishing my BA in Natural Sciences from TESC. I only need a few classes in upper level sciences, and you can transfer grad credits earned outside a degree program back into TESC for UL undergrad credit. My problem before was that I had too much credit in biology and would have had to take computers or some other courses I wasn't interested in to earn finish- so it's a possibility....
Finished my MBA at WGU last February (15 months or so ago).

I keep thinking about Grad certs and/or additional masters degree's I may eventually complete one of the following:

Johns Hopkins Business of Health Care

Harvard Extension Finance Track | Management Graduate Program | Harvard Extension I wish they offered this as say an 18-20 credit cert, that would be easy to convince myself of.

Won't likely do either unless my employer pays for the bulk of it though....
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any way to enrol into the WGU MBA program as an international student? FM1 9 288 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 188 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 548 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,367 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 644 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,129 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,185 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,854 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 16,065 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,338 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052