Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST equivalency changes for TESC??
Not sure if I missed this in a previous discussion, but it looks like TESC changed some of the DSST exam equivalencies to LL? Here's to Your Health, Civil War, Ethics in America, all used to be UL and now are LL?

They are also took College Algebra & Intro to Law Enforcement of the DSST list entirely.

Anyone know what's going on here?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that. For here's to your health, DSST reclassified the exam as LL, so I'm assuming TESC followed suit. For the others two, they are still upper level, so I'm not sure why TESC changed course.

This may be something for one of our currently enrolled students to contact TESC to find out.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I've only known about TESC since 2010 and really started looking into them in 2011. I don't recall Ethics in America ever being UL. I think Civil War was downgraded a couple of years ago. I don't recall HTYH being UL either. I know it hasn't been classified as a liberal arts course since I've known about TESC, so it's kind of useless as UL anyway. It can't be used for business either. You might be able to use it in the area of study for the technical studies degree, the AAS in Applied Health Studies (don't need UL for that), or maybe one of the healthcare-related bachelor's degrees; but, hardly anyone majors in those here.

Edit: I took a look at the BA in Liberal Studies plan I made over a year ago. Ethics in America is listed as 200-level, and it's been that way since I made it.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Not sure if it's relevant to this thread (or at all) but I contacted an advisor regarding using the Business Ethics DSST to fill the Ethics requirement. They told me I could use it but the exam would have to be completed by December 31, 2015.

Does anyone think this is reflective of an upcoming change with DSST/TESC or am i missing something obvious?
The ACE credit recommendation for the Business Ethics DSST exam expires 12/31/15.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Ahhh...Thanks swalke321. Does this apply to other DSST's as well? Is there somewhere this is listed? Sorry if i'm clueless...:willynilly:
Colleges require that the DSST exams be recommended for credit by ACE in order to be eligible for credit. ACE has evaluated a bunch of training classes/programs/exams/certifications, etc. and have made recommendations for credit awards that some colleges use. Each DSST exam has different expiration dates. The effective dates can be checked with the ACE college credit recommendation service national guide.

ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training

Exam Fact Sheets | DSST | Get College Credit

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
Wow. Thanks. Do they renew/refresh those exams after the expiration dates?
Civil War being LL would complicate my plans to get a History BA in the future, but since it'll be a second degree 'just because', I'm not too worried about it.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
hickory6 Wrote:Wow. Thanks. Do they renew/refresh those exams after the expiration dates?

Looking at the DSST website it looks like a few exams were pulled for an update. I think a few exams have been discontinued in the past. It's a good idea to check the DSST website as they will occasionally pull an exam temporarily for about a week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,317 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,985 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,819 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,011 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,993 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,641 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,571 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,453 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,196 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,989 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM